Grand Californian at 7 month mark??

waggles02673

Mouseketeer
Wondering if anyone has had any luck booking Grand Californian on points at the 7 month mark? We might be heading out that way and if we can stay on points great.

Was just able to book 4 days in a 2 bedroom during Christmas time. 1-2 bedroom don't seem as impossible as studios.

We might be heading out that way and if we can stay on points great.
I have been tracking 7 month availability -- studios forget it. But occasionally you will find a 1 and /or 2 BR. But you better be on the computer exactly at 8am. If you are flexible with your dates you might have better luck.

I just booked a Studio for 10 nights in January. Love the spare sleep around points.

Wondering if anyone has had any luck booking Grand Californian on points at the 7 month mark? We might be heading out that way and if we can stay on points great.
As is the case with many things, timing is important. . .that and a bit of good fortune. We went to DL last summer for five nights, and began tracking availability early on. As we got closer to our dates, within a couple of weeks, the availability was still there. Then, the apparent walking of reservations kicked in and we were left with no options. We waitlisted, of course, and we began stalking the reservation availability page. In the meantime, we booked the DLH OOP to ensure we had a place to stay. After a few weeks, we found our first two nights available in a 1BR and jumped on it. Weeks later, the last two nights opened up in a GV on which we also pounced despite the point cost. The middle night, Wednesday, never opened up, thus we wound up staying at the DLH for what was a split-split stay. For the record, we checked availability daily for months just to get what we did. The actual split stays were very easy (we've done splits before elsewhere), and our luggage made it the next hotel in a timely manner.

Yes, I was able to book a two bedroom for the dates noted below in my signature. I didn't book at the exact 7 month mark, if I recall correctly, it was about two weeks in.

I got 3 nights in a studio last October by waitlisting one night at a time, Pulled it together starting 2 months out. I originally wanted Sunday to Friday nights. At 7 months, Monday and Thursday were already sold out. I waitlisted and booked Paradise Pier on cash. Around beginning of August, I got the idea to waitlist Friday night because DCA was open late. Cancelled original waitlist. Came through pretty quick. Then I waitlisted Thursday, came through in a couple weeks. Then I waitlisted Wednesday, came through about 4 weeks out. That’s where I stopped because I booked 3 nights at Poly for September and was out of points. Called Member Services to combine reservations. Cancelled last 3 nights at PP.

Have 4 nights this August in a 1 bedroom before D23 (Sunday to Wednesday nights). I will admit I walked it at 7 months. The next 3 nights on cash at PP.

Check daily and check often and you may see something pop up / open. You can also try calling Member Services regularly and they may have rooms available (from cancels) that haven't shown up on the Member website.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter