Grand Californian at the seven month window

jpolak

DIS Veteran
So we are in the very early stages of planning our first trip to DL. Planning to go end of august 2018. How difficult is it to secure a 1bdrm at the 7 month window. TIA

If you are talking about the one bedroom DVC villas, you need to book immediately at the 7 month mark. If you can't get all your days, setting up a waitlist may work out. It seems like people book there if they think there is any chance they may stay there and then cancel later if they realize they won't be staying there. Remember, there aren't many rooms there to begin with (48 total of all sizes, I think) and there are thousands of DVC members.

If you are talking about the one bedroom suites that you book through the hotel, I think 7 months is plenty of time. I've looked at the one, two and 3 bedroom suites during the summer and usually see some available at 6 months out and even less sometimes.

Definitely book at the 7 month online if possible. If it is not available, being willing to take another option (studio or 2 bedroom) with a waitlist on the 1 bedroom will help. We wanted to book 3 studios and they were not available immediately, so we took a 2 bedroom and waitlisted for the studios. They did become available within a couple months. Things do seem to move around more on the waitlist in DL then in WDW. Good luck!!
Also remember to request a view if you have a preference - Pool or park :)

So we are in the very early stages of planning our first trip to DL. Planning to go end of august 2018. How difficult is it to secure a 1bdrm at the 7 month window. TIA

We booked a 2 bedroom exactly at the 8 month window for Memorial Day week. Every size unit was available when I booked. I hear summer is busy but as others have commented, mark your calendar on that first day and get on at 8am ET!

I booked a January trip at 7 months once. In September, we booked a 3 day trip, but had to switch rooms partway through (wanted a 1BR but had to move into a 2BR the last day as that's all that was left.) We own points there, but not enough to go as often as we'd like.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter