Grand Californian Hotel

Disneyland1084

OH PLEASE SOMEBODY TELL ME!
I was wondering, is the Grand Californian hotel all its cracked up to be? Is it really worth the extra money to stay there? I remember a few years back my family and I spent a fortune and stayed at the Disneyland hotel and were dissapointed. The room was FILTHY!! :confused3

We too were very dissapointed with the Disneyland Hotel. We paid for an upper level view and were right on top of the coffee shop. Not what I expected. We also stayed at the Grand Californian in 2002. I was pregnant and it was nice because it was right there at the park. The rooms are not anything spectacular. I actually think they are pretty small but cute. If you have kids you really have to watch to make sure they don't even move anything slightly in the refrigerator or you will pay for the item. Keep in mind that the Grand Californian is more expensive than the other 2. We are going to try PP this year. Heard it was great, refurbished, :cool1: and spacious.

I stayed at the GC before my family size required 2 rooms. It ws very nice and clean, no complaints there. The bathroom was a bit small considering that I was staying at the most "deluxe" of the DLR properties. In comparing with friends, they all wish they had stayed at the GC, but the grass is always greener?! One thing I miss from that hotel is the manners that everyone seemed to have and the peaceful experience. In other hotels I have experienced noisy, inconsiderate people to a much higher degree, smoking in the outer walkway - trash and litter left about - LONG waits for elevators.

I will say that the walk from GC to DL was longer than the walk from hotels across from the park. The CA entry was nice, but we always started off in DL so it didn't work for us. We did make quick trips back to the hotel from the CA entrance from GC, especially to change after Grizzly River Run. That was very nice. The convenience to the character meals was great!

If I only reqired one room, I would stay at GC again just because there is the magic of Disney in staying on-site and the reports from DLH are scary. I think PP would be too far for me.

Have fun!
Becky

The rooms aren't "Beverly Hills Hotel" quality, but the lobby is really beautiful, the pool is nice, and the restaurants there are great. I wouldn't hesitate to stay there-- I have done so numerous times on day trips and for buisness. I love the GC. It's MUCH better than the Disneyland Hotel.

Paradise Pier is less expensive and really fun-- I recommend that hotel, as well.

We stayed there in January under AP rates so got a good deal. All of the other posts sum it up pretty well. If you want the best then this is really the only choice. The rooms are small - we couldn't unpack our suitcases (mom, dad and 3 kids). The room is nothing exciting. Nice, clean room in a nice relatively new hotel. Whitewater snacks has reasonably priced quick food. The real thing you are paying for is to be right inside of California Adventure. It was nice and convenient. If you can afford it go for it. If it will be a major big deal for you to afford the GC then you might not feel you got your money's worth. It is not completely "wow" but very nice with a good atmosphere. Hope that makes sense.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter