Grand Californian on points

sueg

<a href="http://www.wdwinfo.com/dis-sponsor/index.
I am starting to get really excited about our Aug. trip to DL, where we will stay at the Grand Californian for three nights on points. Do I have to pay to park our rental? Any suggestions for any part of this non-WDW adventure is appreciated!:bounce: :bounce:

When I stayed in January I was told there would be a $6 a day valet fee for Hotel Guests. I don't remember there being a "self-park" option. When I checked out there was no parking charge and I ended up never having to pay.

I guess "assume" you may have to pay $6 a day, be happy like me if they don't end up charging you!

We stayed last EAster on points at the GC. There is a self park just across the street from the resort. A guard is there too. We stayed a week and had the car parked most of the time. There is no charge for self park as a hotel guest, but it is at least $6 a day for valet. We saw nothing in Anaheim to visit and had done 0ur sightseeing and beach going the week prior when we stayed in Newport Beach in a Marriott Villa. You will really enjoy the location and ease of park entry. We got wet on Grizzley Run, walked to room to change and was on Soaring over CA (Do not miss this one) in less than 15 minutes. It is that close!! You can upgrade you location of room for extra money per night. Most DVC ressies at GC have gotten an courtyard view or monorail view. The Park and DD Disney views are usually an additional charge.

We stayed on points in January and paid cash in May. In January it was $6/day to valet but had gone to $10 for our stay in May. We asked for something besides a standard view in January and got a 5th floor room directly over the World of Disney store in DD. We paid for a theme park view in May and had the most perfect view on the 3rd floor looking right at Grizzly Peak above the entrance to DCA from the GC. We enjoyed both views but seeing the park was very special. Both rooms were very quiet when you closed the patio doors. You couldn't hear any outside noise at all. It was also nice to be able to cut through DCA for a short cut when we went to DL. We can't wait to go back.

Thanks for the info. I'm starting to wonder if I should turn in the car when we get to DL. We own at OKW & HH, so I just take for granted that I want a car, but it sounds like I would be keeping the car just to drive to John Wayne airport. May not be worth it. I know that you can turn in your National rental at WDW, but National only gave me an address in Anaheim, couldn't say if it was near DL. Maybe I'll post a form of this question on Transportation.

We went on points in May and I posted some questions on other places to eat etc. You might do a search on my user name. Also a lot of discussion on the disneyland board about trying to get upgrades etc. from DVC members. We visited the Crystal Cathedral- about a mile from Disneyland but agree there wasn't much else outside of the immediate area.

We just got back on Wednesday from 4 nights at the Grand Californian and loved it! We were told at GC that valet parking would be $15 per night and to upgrade our room to theme park view would be $45 per night. Both of these were higher than posts that I had read before we left for our trip. We chose self-parking at no additional charge. We did a few days of sight-seeing while we were there, so we needed a car, but if you're only doing DL than you definately won't need one!

I stayed at the GC on DVC points in April for two nights. I had requested the "new park" view, but at check-in we were given a DD view, straight across (and above) the Hagen-Daas shop. They charged us for valet parking, but I don't remember how much?

Thanks for all of your help. I guess I will try the DL Board for some specific information. But I feel so much more comfortable on the DVC Bd. and I think that staying on points can pose some unique issues.:D :D

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter