Grand Californian Resort

disney1474

DIS Veteran
Is there a separate entrance to DCA from this resort instead of the main entrance? If so, where is it?

There are 2 now. One is by Grizzly River Run, the other goes into Pixar Pier.

And here is the other one, right by Corn Dog Castle. This one is closer to the DVC wing and is supposed to be for Paradise Pier hotel guests, but there is no problem with Grand Cal guests using it.

Screen Shot 2023-03-01 at 4.52.46 PM.png

The "new" entrance by Goofy's Flight School is for the fomer Paradise Pier hotel. It's not accessible from GCH.

I read that it's marketed as for PP guests, but GC guests have access as well.
That may be, but I am not aware of an entrance from GCH. We were just at GCH for Sweethearts Night and did not see any access for that entrance. Now I have to go look. :)

That may be, but I am not aware of an entrance from GCH. We were just at GCH for Sweethearts Night and did not see any access for that entrance. Now I have to go look. :)

It's definitely possible to use this entrance as a guest of GCH. You just have to know which door to exit out of.

I mean, at least 1 person on the board here said they used it while staying at the GC so who knows. I'll probably try it next time we go if we're on that far side of the building again.

The "new" entrance by Goofy's Flight School is for the fomer Paradise Pier hotel. It's not accessible from GCH.
We used this entrance from GCH with no problems in December. We had to show our room key but no one blinked, even for EE. We were in the DVC wing and had bought Candy Canes. My kids walked to and on the swings as my husband started through the gate. He was back from putting our Candy Canes in the room as they exited the swings. Amazing for the DVC wing.

The main exit door is by the laundry inside and grills outside . Look for those things. I believe there is a stairwell as well that is *right there* but the grills/laundry is easier to find.

We used this entrance from GCH with no problems in December. We had to show our room key but no one blinked, even for EE. We were in the DVC wing and had bought Candy Canes. My kids walked to and on the swings as my husband started through the gate. He was back from putting our Candy Canes in the room as they exited the swings. Amazing for the DVC wing.

The main exit door is by the laundry inside and grills outside . Look for those things. I believe there is a stairwell as well that is *right there* but the grills/laundry is easier to find.
We love that entrance from the villas and use it often when we stay there!

I took a photo of the grill area from our balcony on our last stay if that helps anyone. The walkway goes to the left towards the entrance into DCA near Corn Dog Castle.

2639CFF4-6C82-4F69-B858-365A8B9831DF.jpeg

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter