Grand Californian Room Suggestions

Barb

A DIS Original!
We'll be checking into the GCV next week. We'll have a two bedroom. I have no clue what the resort lay out looks like for DVC rooms. Is there a good room location for the villas? Do we have much of an option? Any recommendations or feedback is much appreciated. Thanks!!

We'll be checking into the GCV next week. We'll have a two bedroom. I have no clue what the resort lay out looks like for DVC rooms. Is there a good room location for the villas? Do we have much of an option? Any recommendations or feedback is much appreciated. Thanks!!

We rented points and stayed for 10 nights late May- early June. I was so excited because I requested a view of DCA and we got it. It was fantastic----until the night there was a private party at DCA. There were also grad nights, but they weren't nearly as loud as the private party. The front desk told me that they have no control over how loud music is played when DCA is rented out (which I think is horrible customer service for GCV guests). The music lasted until around 2 am. The front desk's solution was to offer ear plugs.... We moved to a new room the next day with a pool view and no issues after that.

In fact we had such a great time that we bought a resale contract at GCV. So anyway, you might try asking the front desk if they have any idea if there are any private parties at DCA if you end up with a theme park view.

I have only stayed in a studio, but here is what I requested: "My #1 preference is a view of paradise pier (ideally with the ability to see WOC). I would love room 6504, but if not possible, here is a list of preferred rooms in order: 6504, 5504, 4504, 3504, 5510, 4510, 3510."
I read that it is good to be specific with room numbers. I will say that I was assigned a room that did not meet any of my requests but was able to switch upon arrival. I think we ended up with 3510 and were very happy with it. Maybe look for 2-bedroom villas close to these rooms for a jumping off point.

This may not be the usual response, but we like the ground floor. First, you don't have to wait for the elevator, you just walk straight to your room. Also, you have a small patio which is larger than the decks on the floors above. We don't really care that much about the view and find the first floor to be very comfortable.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter