Grand Californian + Scooters

Statesplace

Earning My Ears
Hey! I’ve tried to search this info with no results so I’m sorry if I missed the answer!
We’re headed to the parks this week, staying at the Grand, unfortunately I had to have last minute surgery and my husband has insisted on renting a scooter from an offsite company for the trip for me. I’m not sure I’ll need it the entire time and we would like to avoid having to rent one from Disney since you can’t take it to the hotel. I’m concerned that it won’t fit in the room, we booked a premium view king with chair/sofa pullouts for our DD 8 & DS 11. Any insight is appreciated!

Your husband did you a favor, it can be a long walk back to the room. There will be no issue bringing the scooter into the room, there is some space near the door which connects to the adjacent room. Some guests leave the scooter in the hall, actually quite common.

You should request a king bed with a day bed. All rooms with a king bed have a fold out sleeper chair, but could have either a sofa (non-fold out) or a day bed.

Hey! I’ve tried to search this info with no results so I’m sorry if I missed the answer!
We’re headed to the parks this week, staying at the Grand, unfortunately I had to have last minute surgery and my husband has insisted on renting a scooter from an offsite company for the trip for me. I’m not sure I’ll need it the entire time and we would like to avoid having to rent one from Disney since you can’t take it to the hotel. I’m concerned that it won’t fit in the room, we booked a premium view king with chair/sofa pullouts for our DD 8 & DS 11. Any insight is appreciated!
I find parking the scooter in the hallway near an electrical outlet works just fine when staying at the GCH.
For me it's easier than trying to drive into the room.
I park it and plug it in, take the key with me and it's ready to go in the morning.

I usually rent from Select Scooter (714) 644-8057 . They are located in the lobby of the BWPPI, right there at the crosswalk on Harbor.

I have a florescent yellow ribbon I tie to the scooter handle bar.
Makes it easier to find in a sea of scooters&strollers.

Enjoy your trip!

I recently took a trip with my in-laws in June staying at the Grand Cal. He had some hip pain that became problematic by the 3rd day. I called around and couldn't find an available scooter last minute and eventually called the front desk for suggestions. They told me that they do rent scooters now that can be picked up from the bell desk. The price was pretty much equivalent to all of the 3rd party vendors, and it was super convenient to pick up and return to the bell desk.

We were staying in the villas at the Grand Cal, and there was plenty of room for the scooter in the room, just inside the doorway. They were staying in a studio.

Your husband did you a favor, it can be a long walk back to the room. There will be no issue bringing the scooter into the room, there is some space near the door which connects to the adjacent room. Some guests leave the scooter in the hall, actually quite common.

You should request a king bed with a day bed. All rooms with a king bed have a fold out sleeper chair, but could have either a sofa (non-fold out) or a day bed.

View attachment 598964
Thank you! This is the exact room we called and requested. I appreciate the feedback and didn’t even think about the ability to leave it in the hall!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter