Grand Californian Super Thread

I randomly noticed that they added a new special offer for the nights I had already paid for in full. Called them, only a 10 minute wait, and a lovely woman helped me get $1200 back, plus gave me a better sense of which category worked for the rooms I was hoping to snag. Now our nightly rate is less for a *better* view room than we started with. Pretty sweet!

I went from a standard view to partial theme park view for $120 cheaper....can anyone tell me a good room number to request for this room type?

Last edited:
I have read this thread but wondered, are the DTD rooms near the Napa Rose Elevators still a good selection? Can you still leave the hotel out the fire exit next to World of Disney? I wondered if security changes prevented that now.

That's really disappointing about the lack of amenities. May I ask what toiletries they are offering? We're planning on staying there in November and it'd be nice to know what we need to pack. I'd also be tempted to call and ask for a pen and pad in the room. I wonder if they'd bring one up? (Along with more towels, and robes, and so on.) I love the GCH, but we're debating the price without early access and all the little perks. Thanks for the info!

Re: toiletries: same stuff as always, it’s just that they only replenish them every other day with the housekeeping. It says you can call and ask for more toiletries, but I don’t think I am that sort of person.

If you want/need more toiletries or coffee pods, just call and they bring them up. Very quickly I might add.

Just booked for my birthday weekend in January! I'm turning 50 and I told DH that for my birthday I wanted to be at Disneyland with a couple of my friends. He offered to pay for us to stay at GCH as a special birthday treat. I know it won't be the same as pre-covid, but I'm looking forward to hanging out with friends and no kids and just taking our time to enjoy DLR with no crazy schedule and no household chores!

Our trip is finally (almost) here. I feel like I've waited forever to return to the Grand and I'm sooo excited and I have a couple of questions.

I am wondering if I can do an Amazon Prime delivery (of water) to the hotel. And, if so, what address do I use. And do they charge to hold it?

I also have a specific bed configuration I need--2 queens and a day bed as I am staying with my two db's. I put the configuration request in my booking and I am wondering if it is helpful to call the morning of arrival to ask about this--we arrive around noon on Veteran's Day.

Thank you!!

Really...no robes? Is this true?
Yep, as of our stay the first week of October. 😡 A small thing, and I get why (I guess? I mean, there are still sheets and towels, which presumably also are washed/sanitized between guests...), but a disappointment nonetheless -- especially combined with the lack of uhhhhhhhhhhhh everything else around the place.

If you want/need more toiletries or coffee pods, just call and they bring them up. Very quickly I might add.
Exactly this! I had to call for a few items on our recent trip but Mousekeeping was very responsive. We didn't wait long at all.

I can also confirm, no robes or slippers.

Yep, as of our stay the first week of October. 😡 A small thing, and I get why (I guess? I mean, there are still sheets and towels, which presumably also are washed/sanitized between guests...), but a disappointment nonetheless -- especially combined with the lack of uhhhhhhhhhhhh everything else around the place.
Disney is just being cheap :headache:
I’m checking in tomorrow, so I‘ll pack a robe

Quick question--how much do you tip Mousekeeping when they bring you toiletries/towels/etc? With two teenagers I know we'll need additional supplies and as someone who worked as a housekeeper to help pay for college, I want to be supportive, but I'm not sure what the going rate is since I haven't traveled in two years!

Disney is just being cheap :headache:
I’m checking in tomorrow, so I‘ll pack a robe
Robes just take up so much suitcase space! I mean, I don't expect a robe at Best Western, but GCH should have them. Can you mobile order a robe? Ha ha. Well, hmmm, I wonder if you could request one from Housekeeping? Maybe you can try that and let us know how it goes. And be sure and answer the door in your skivvies to make a point :rolleyes1 :D

Our trip is finally (almost) here. I feel like I've waited forever to return to the Grand and I'm sooo excited and I have a couple of questions.

I am wondering if I can do an Amazon Prime delivery (of water) to the hotel. And, if so, what address do I use. And do they charge to hold it?

I also have a specific bed configuration I need--2 queens and a day bed as I am staying with my two db's. I put the configuration request in my booking and I am wondering if it is helpful to call the morning of arrival to ask about this--we arrive around noon on Veteran's Day.

Thank you!!

Bumping...any thoughts?

My first Grand Californian grocery delivery will be tomorrow morning. I used Pavilions (Vons/Albertsons/Safeway) -- Amazon Prime should also work fine.
Sent to:
Grand Californian Hotel
1600 S Disneyland Drive
Anaheim CA 92802

Bell Services will store, and refrigerate items if needed. You must meet the delivery if it contains alcohol.
There is no charge, but tipping is expected.
You might just request a room with a Daybed, which will be either: 2 queens and daybed, or King and sleeper chair and daybed.
Calling in the morning might be a good idea. Not sure if online check-in is a good idea, since it might result in an automatic room assignment.
Online check-in is new, so it's not clear what is the best strategy.

My first Grand Californian grocery delivery will be tomorrow morning. I used Pavilions (Vons/Albertsons/Safeway) -- Amazon Prime should also work fine.
Sent to:
Grand Californian Hotel
1600 S Disneyland Drive
Anaheim CA 92802

Bell Services will store, and refrigerate items if needed. You must meet the delivery if it contains alcohol.
There is no charge, but tipping is expected.

You might just request a room with a Daybed, which will be either: 2 queens and daybed, or King and sleeper chair and daybed.
Calling in the morning might be a good idea. Not sure if online check-in is a good idea, since it might result in an automatic room assignment.
Online check-in is new, so it's not clear what is the best strategy.

Thank you so much!! This is very helpful (as you have often been through the years :) ) .

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter