Grand Californian Super Thread

We stay on the DVC side now, but before we had our points, we found the GCH rooms to be reasonable in size. We loved the bunk bed rooms because they slept 5 and kids didn't have to share beds, but there was more floor room. For us, the balcony and the set up of the bathroom made a big difference. Having 2 daughters, the 2 sinks was huge, and having the toilet/shower separate made everything much easier. When we stayed at PPH once, it drove me nuts to have everyone trying to use the same bathroom space.

Has anyone ever tried to have bell services hold bags at Grand Californian while eating at Storytellers or Princess buffets? Leaving to airport directly after and would like to avoid having to walk back to Disneyland Hotel before leaving.

Thanks. I was hoping since we were staying at an official Disney hotel they might have a reciprocal agreement among them. It makes sense only so much room.

I mean, if you were moving from one Disney hotel to another, they'd move the bags for you, but that's as far as it goes.

I'm currently booked into a courtyards/wood view at GCH. I would like a view of the monorail near Redwood Creek/ Grizzly River Run. What should I request for my best chance of getting this view? Would upgrading to a partial view for an extra $35/night give me a better shot?

Edit: Here are examples of the view I would like:

I'm pretty sure this other view of the monorail is also near GRR and Goofy's Sky School?:

Last edited:
I'm currently booked into a courtyards/wood view at GCH. I would like a view of the monorail near Redwood Creek/ Grizzly River Run. What should I request for my best chance of getting this view? Would upgrading to a partial view for an extra $35/night give me a better shot?

View attachment 657500

I'm pretty sure this other view of the monorail is also near GRR and Goofy's Sky School?:

That's a theme park view room. You would need to upgrade to a Theme Park View room. The courtyard has rooms that face IN, to the courtyard, in a rectangle around it. You cannot see anything except the other side of the building and the rooms facing you.

View attachment 657500

Those are both theme park views, like DLGal said. The view you are asking about is circled in red. The view you have booked is circled in yellow.

Thanks! this is super helpful. Do they offer Theme Park View as a category? I'm only seeing Partial Theme Park/DTD view available.

It looks like they have eliminated a full theme park view category, probably because of how large the trees have gotten. I guess you would book the Partial View category and request to be facing the theme park rather than Downtown Disney. It is odd that the highest view category seems to now be Pool View.

When we check into the GCH, will I be able to pay the rest of our hotel cost using Disney gift cards then and just add a credit card for hotel incidentals? Or is it easier to just call ahead and do this before we arrive?

Also, for anyone that's used the Tenaya spa before- for the salon services allowed for 10-13 year olds- does that include the foot massage? My son really wants to join me for that. 😆

I had to recently call to adjust my reservation at the Disney Hotel, and I was able to go ahead and pay my reservation in full. You can't do it in app, but no problem over the phone. I did it to spread my outlay out, so all my credit card charges for vacation didn't hit all at once. Also saves me time at check in, especially if I use online check in. I assume since GCH is also disney owned, it would work the same.

Also, for anyone that's used the Tenaya spa before- for the salon services allowed for 10-13 year olds- does that include the foot massage? My son really wants to join me for that. 😆
This is under the foot treatment

"Spa services are for adults age 18 and up. However, teens ages 14 to 17 may enjoy certain treatments or services if the minor’s parent/guardian consents in writing and accompanies the minor during the treatment or service. Treatments and services may not be booked for children under 14. Select Salon Services are available for minors (ages 10 to 13) if the minor’s parent or guardian consents in writing and accompanies the minor during the treatment or service."

It is a total contradiction of itself. But since it is under the Mindful Traveler foot massage, this might be available to them.

This is under the foot treatment

"Spa services are for adults age 18 and up. However, teens ages 14 to 17 may enjoy certain treatments or services if the minor’s parent/guardian consents in writing and accompanies the minor during the treatment or service. Treatments and services may not be booked for children under 14. Select Salon Services are available for minors (ages 10 to 13) if the minor’s parent or guardian consents in writing and accompanies the minor during the treatment or service."

It is a total contradiction of itself. But since it is under the Mindful Traveler foot massage, this might be available to them.

I'm assuming that the foot massage is considered a salon service since it takes place in the salon area? They could really work on the wording here. Then when you go to the third party website to book it says no bookings at all for anyone under 14.

My son (12) is like wait a minute... 'my feet are going to be hurting too, can I come?!' Now I'll feel guilty if I go without him. 😆

Called and talked to someone at Tenaya- the only services for 10-13 year olds are the manicures and pedicures- no foot massages. Just thought I'd share in case it's helpful for someone else!

The reminder about foot massages was so helpful! And it’s great information that my soon-to-be 16 year old can go. I called and booked Mindful Traveler foot massages for my entire family of four all at the same time on the afternoon of our third day! I’m so excited! I am usually wishing I had done this by the afternoon of Day 2 or the morning of Day 3 and by then it’s too late. My two daughters will be thrilled! 🤩 My husband? Lol, well, we may need to drag him kicking and screaming. 🤣

The reminder about foot massages was so helpful! And it’s great information that my soon-to-be 16 year old can go. I called and booked Mindful Traveler foot massages for my entire family of four all at the same time on the afternoon of our third day! I’m so excited! I am usually wishing I had done this by the afternoon of Day 2 or the morning of Day 3 and by then it’s too late. My two daughters will be thrilled! 🤩 My husband? Lol, well, we may need to drag him kicking and screaming. 🤣

I booked their standard massage plus a foot massage for myself in the morning on our off day. My sons old enough now to snore away peacefully in our room while I go sneak away for some mom time. I haven't had a massage in like five years! Spa looks so beautiful- I'm excited!

That foot massage is a brilliant marketing idea though. I could see how you could get hooked on that. I'll take one everyday please? 😆

I booked their standard massage plus a foot massage for myself in the morning on our off day. My sons old enough now to snore away peacefully in our room while I go sneak away for some mom time. I haven't had a massage in like five years! Spa looks so beautiful- I'm excited!

That foot massage is a brilliant marketing idea though. I could see how you could get hooked on that. I'll take one everyday please? 😆

They do an EXCELLENT job. I've had 3 massages there and one foot massage. LOVED IT. My DIL got the foot massage for me for Christmas. It was heaven! I had so hoped we could do a girls day and take the pre teens for a foot massage.

I am SO SO SO EXCITED. After calling almost every day to group reservations they FINALLY Club Level available to upgrade from the Dapper Day rate. It's still not cheap mind you haha but this has been a bucket list item for me.
It has been a long few months with physical and medical challenges as well as work some days being absolutely overwhelming yet I still give my all , I am really really needing this.

I plan to take advantage of and enjoy every moment.
April 20th can't come soon enough! :happydance:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter