Grand Californian Super Thread

We didn't have it at the DLH for a 2 night stay the last week of April, even though it was supposed to be "back."
I'm sorry. I had been guessing we had been getting daily service since we were in the Adventure Tower a lot of the time. But even when we were in Frontier tower a couple weeks ago and Fantasy tower in late Feb, I came back to the room done. Wasn't expecting it, and didn't leave a tip. Then felt bad.

I'm sorry. I had been guessing we had been getting daily service since we were in the Adventure Tower a lot of the time. But even when we were in Frontier tower a couple weeks ago and Fantasy tower in late Feb, I came back to the room done. Wasn't expecting it, and didn't leave a tip. Then felt bad.

We were in Adventure Tower. It wasn't a huge deal since we were really only there one day without housekeeping and it was just 2 of us. And no one told us we would get it. We did mobile check in.

We have a DVC stay (our first time onsite!) planned for Sept, any guess/knowledge regarding if MM/EMH will be back? Seems like they should be, given things are back to "nomral" now?

We were in Adventure Tower. It wasn't a huge deal since we were really only there one day without housekeeping and it was just 2 of us. And no one told us we would get it. We did mobile check in.
We had to ask for housekeeping last week (Frontier Tower) and after one attempt at DLH I am back to staying at the Grand or offsite only ROFL

We have a DVC stay (our first time onsite!) planned for Sept, any guess/knowledge regarding if MM/EMH will be back? Seems like they should be, given things are back to "nomral" now?

Disney announced it would be returning "later this summer."

Thinking of adding club level so we have access to the veranda. Can anyone tell if they think it’s worth the extra $$ if we mainly use it for just the breakfast and to-go drinks? what kind of food do they have? Does it change daily (the food)? Is it crowded during the summer? Do they have gluten free options? Any information would be helpful! Thanks!

Thinking of adding club level so we have access to the veranda. Can anyone tell if they think it’s worth the extra $$ if we mainly use it for just the breakfast and to-go drinks? what kind of food do they have? Does it change daily (the food)? Is it crowded during the summer? Do they have gluten free options? Any information would be helpful! Thanks!
I included some information on the club level in a post on page 338 that might be helpful to review.

The food does change daily. And for my party of 3 it was well worth it for the light snacks and drinks. We drink a lot of water, coffee soda and, on this trip, champagne since it was included. (Typically I do not purchase alcohol at DLR when traveling with my mom and daughter.)

We were there during the return of the parade/world of color plus dapper day weekend. It was a busy weekend all over, but we were always able to easily find a table in the lounge. Even during the evening fireworks. The lounge at the Grand is much larger than at Disneyland Hotel (we often had issues finding a spot there.)

There were items that I assumed were gluten free, but were not marked. I try to avoid gluten (but am not celiac) and had options to choose from...nothing too exciting or extra ordinary (hard boiled eggs, meats, cheeses, corn chips, salsa, etc). I did not ask the hosts for gluten free items...I am sure they would have been very accommodating if I did. Again, it's not a requirement for me, just a preference so I often don't communicate with servers and just do my best in picking items.

Hope that helps a little!

I included some information on the club level in a post on page 338 that might be helpful to review.

The food does change daily. And for my party of 3 it was well worth it for the light snacks and drinks. We drink a lot of water, coffee soda and, on this trip, champagne since it was included. (Typically I do not purchase alcohol at DLR when traveling with my mom and daughter.)

We were there during the return of the parade/world of color plus dapper day weekend. It was a busy weekend all over, but we were always able to easily find a table in the lounge. Even during the evening fireworks. The lounge at the Grand is much larger than at Disneyland Hotel (we often had issues finding a spot there.)

There were items that I assumed were gluten free, but were not marked. I try to avoid gluten (but am not celiac) and had options to choose from...nothing too exciting or extra ordinary (hard boiled eggs, meats, cheeses, corn chips, salsa, etc). I did not ask the hosts for gluten free items...I am sure they would have been very accommodating if I did. Again, it's not a requirement for me, just a preference so I often don't communicate with servers and just do my best in picking items.

Hope that helps a little!
Thanks for the info!! Do you happen to know if you can take the food back to your room or do you have eat there?

We checked in today and although our room number came through (via text), today is our cabana day and we are still downstairs enjoying the ambience of the pool. If anyone has any specific questions, we will be here through Thursday and I’ll do my best to answer them!

What type of room you are in? Can you share if there are actual blankets on the bed and snap a few pics of what groceries are available in the gift shop?

We checked in today and although our room number came through (via text), today is our cabana day and we are still downstairs enjoying the ambience of the pool. If anyone has any specific questions, we will be here through Thursday and I’ll do my best to answer them!

I have pool cabana questions if you don’t mind! 😀 What time can you call 60 days out for the pool cabana? Did you call the hotel directly? Did you request a certain cabana or do you recommend one over another location wise? Did you feel it was worth the money?

I would also love to know if you think the new back entrance to DCA or the normal GC entrance is better certain times of day?

Thank you and enjoy your trip!!!

I have pool cabana questions if you don’t mind! 😀 What time can you call 60 days out for the pool cabana? Did you call the hotel directly? Did you request a certain cabana or do you recommend one over another location wise? Did you feel it was worth the money?

I would also love to know if you think the new back entrance to DCA or the normal GC entrance is better certain times of day?

Yes totally curious about this new entry point. Can anyone locate it on the Grand Cal map for me on how to get there from the DVC wing?

The partial theme park view rooms - can anyone elaborate on the view or share pictures of those rooms? I'm curious for our trip in October if an upgraded room view would be worth it or if a standard would be fine.

What type of room you are in? Can you share if there are actual blankets on the bed and snap a few pics of what groceries are available in the gift shop?
We are in a Club Level Premium View room. The bedding is a sheet, a white thin comforter-style blanket, topped with a thin sheet-like cover. There is an extra fleece-style blanket and pillow stored in the closet for the day bed. We requested an extra blanket and pillow and they brought them right up. I haven’t gone in the store yet, but will snap some pictures for you later.

I called at 7am 60 days out for our cabana. I called the hotel directly at 714-635-2300 (option 5). We had Cabana #2 and I liked the location. It was easy to get across to the bathroom and felt quiet, but I honestly think I would have been fine with any of the locations. I definitely felt like it was worth the money! It was so nice to have a place to chill out and relax all day until our room was ready. It was just so pleasant to soak up the sights and sounds and atmosphere of the GCH. I really felt like it extended our vacation dramatically. I definitely plan to do this on our first day again if at all possible (assuming our next visit is in the warmer months).

As for the new entrance, we haven’t used it yet. Today was our first park day and we started at Disneyland. We did cut across to DCA and came in for our afternoon rest through the GCH’s DCA entrance. I would not have wanted to walk all the way to the back of the park and basically all around to the front of the hotel to get back. But maybe if we were ready to leave and we’re back by Pixar Pier it might be worth it. If my feet don’t get too tired and we are heading back to the hotel from the back half of DCA, I’ll give it a try! (I certainly think that entrance will be a huge plus if I stay at PPH in the future, though.)

We are in a Club Level Premium View room. The bedding is a sheet, a white thin comforter-style blanket, topped with a thin sheet-like cover. There is an extra fleece-style blanket and pillow stored in the closet for the day bed. We requested an extra blanket and pillow and they brought them right up. I haven’t gone in the store yet, but will snap some pictures for you later.
Hi, we are staying club level later this month. Can you let us know what the food options are in the lounge? And if possible post pictures? TIA

Hope you are having an awesome time!

Do they have ice cream treats in the Club Level Lounge? Enjoy you trip!

Hi, we are staying club level later this month. Can you let us know what the food options are in the lounge? And if possible post pictures? TIA

Hope you are having an awesome time!
My daughter took some photos of afternoon tea today. I’ll try to take more photos later tonight and tomorrow. Two things: Don’t plan on a lot of dessert options if you arrive in the last 25 minutes of the Sweet Endings! And absolutely give the little coconut parfait a try at breakfast (Grand Beginnings). It was delicious! I’ll try to get a photo and the name of it tomorrow morning.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter