• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Grand Californian Super Thread

I agree with you. One thought, there are couches/lounge area by the front entrance on the 3rd floor. There is a desk where Club 33 reservations are made. (That is where I like to relax during the day. Saw Tony Baxter there once.
That's a great tip - thanks! We've given up on staying at GCH for awhile, we prefer staying CL at DLH with the view of DtD (our favorite!) if we're going to do onsite for now but will check this area out of we happen to stay there in October for OBB. It's hard to beat the location when going to the parties. I also heard about the fireplace outside that sits on the wall opposite from the one inside. We didn't get to check that one out yet but it might be a nice, quiet alternative.

I’m here at GC now. We have a standard concierge room and I’m a little disappointed to find there is no balcony in the room. I was under the impression that all rooms have a balcony. We spend a lot of time in our room with our toddler and would have liked the balcony to escape onto during nap time and his early bedtime. Oh well. At least we have a daybed in the room so our teenager can sleep in an actual bed instead of the chair bed.

I’m here at GC now. We have a standard concierge room and I’m a little disappointed to find there is no balcony in the room. I was under the impression that all rooms have a balcony. We spend a lot of time in our room with our toddler and would have liked the balcony to escape onto during nap time and his early bedtime. Oh well. At least we have a daybed in the room so our teenager can sleep in an actual bed instead of the chair bed.
Oh wow, most rooms seem to have balconies and I agree that it makes a huge difference. Every room I've stayed in there has a balcony.

Oh wow, most rooms seem to have balconies and I agree that it makes a huge difference. Every room I've stayed in there has a balcony.
Every room I’ve stayed in has always had a balcony, too. It never occurred to me that some rooms don’t have them. Oh well, our room was ready in time for our toddler’s nap time at 1 so I guess that’s the trade-off for me.

Where is this room located? I did not know there were non balcony rooms at this resort. We have always had a balcony as well. Very strange.

I’m here at GC now. We have a standard concierge room and I’m a little disappointed to find there is no balcony in the room.
There are only 12 rooms without a balcony, so you could request a room change.
Please post photos of the view and room number (after checkout). Does the sliding door (or window) open?

There are only 12 rooms without a balcony, so you could request a room change.
Please post photos of the view and room number (after checkout). Does the sliding door (or window) open?
It was room 6121. They are moving us. It has a window that only opens about 6 inches. The concierge said no rooms directly over the monorail have balconies or windows that open for safety reasons.

Yikes! We are staying in a standard room on the concierge level beginning Thursday and requested a balcony and daybed. We really need the space! Thanks for the info. I'm really hoping we don't get one of those unlucky 12 rooms...

It was room 6121. They are moving us. It has a window that only opens about 6 inches. The concierge said no rooms directly over the monorail have balconies or windows that open for safety reasons.
Only partially true, since there are rooms on the DCA side of GCH directly above the monorail with balconies.
A monorail station was part of the original plans for GCH, but it was never built. There are no balconies directly above where the monorail would have stopped.

Only partially true, since there are rooms on the DCA side of GCH directly above the monorail with balconies.
A monorail station was part of the original plans for GCH, but it was never built. There are no balconies directly above where the monorail would have stopped.

That makes sense. It looks like a stop could have been there. It honestly wasn’t a bad view and I wouldn’t have moved if our toddler hadn’t been with us because it was cool to watch the monorail pop out from the building below. But we need the extra space so we don’t have to go to bed at 7pm when our toddler falls asleep.

We are now in a balcony room down the hall. Of course the toddler fell asleep in the stroller while moving rooms… 🤦🏼‍♀️

Attachments

• B2A16257-99DC-4AF1-8769-064C2DAC9E37.jpeg
    B2A16257-99DC-4AF1-8769-064C2DAC9E37.jpeg
    68.8 KB · Views: 40
We just checked into the hotel side of Grand Cal and the lobby was basically empty…. It is such a serene thing to stand in the lobby when it is quiet. We got to our room at 12min before midnight and they still let us put in an order for a pepperoni pizza for a very hungry family. I love this place.

We just checked into the hotel side of Grand Cal and the lobby was basically empty…. It is such a serene thing to stand in the lobby when it is quiet. We got to our room at 12min before midnight and they still let us put in an order for a pepperoni pizza for a very hungry family. I love this place.

Have fun! did you take any pics of the almost empty lobby??

Have fun! did you take any pics of the almost empty lobby??
I did not. I just enjoyed the experience for a few moments and pointed out things to my kids before going to self park the car and scurry up to the room.

We have a beautiful forest view where we can see and hear the rapids of the Grizzly River Run melding with the sounds of Soarin from the balcony.

Such a wonderful place to have breakfast before starting a busy day.

I also love the subtle theming of these rooms. Just perfection.

We have an upcoming trip and of course my son fractured his foot. Are you able to rent wheelchairs at the hotel?
I went to their site and on this page, under "guest services" it does mention wheelchairs so I'm assuming that means you can rent them. I would call and ask before you leave though, just to be sure. Otherwise, there are several off site places that also rent.

https://disneyland.disney.go.com/en-ca/hotels/grand-californian-hotel/services-amenities/

This will be my first stay. Going for a conference which is a "standard" room. Any room location/type requests I should make?

We have an upcoming trip and of course my son fractured his foot. Are you able to rent wheelchairs at the hotel?
https://disneyland.disney.go.com/guest-services/ecv-wheelchair-rentals/
If you son is able to operate an ECV, I would recommend renting from a third party provider for the length of your stay.
Scooterbug is the "Disney Featured Provider", and allows pickup and drop-off with GCH Bell Services.
Scooterbug also rents wheelchairs. I have used Scooterbug several times without issues, but there have been reports of credit card double billing (just FYI).

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter