Grand Californian

For anyone that has stayed, can you tell me what restaurants will deliver food from DTD? We are staying at DLH in august and are trying to see what options we will have. Thanks!!

For anyone that has stayed, can you tell me what restaurants will deliver food from DTD? We are staying at DLH in august and are trying to see what options we will have. Thanks!!
I saved the link. Earl, Naples, Jazz Kitchen, Tortilla Jo's, and Uva are the current ones. Ballast was there our last trip, but not on there now.

Hi all! I'm staying at GCH at the end of the year in Club Level! Any tips or tricks would be helpful!

Also... we can have food delivered to our hotel from DTD?

Hi! Checking in next months and haven’t stayed here in a few years. Does anyone know if the TV’s are compatible with Apple TV devices and Nintendo Switch devices? Thank you! :thanks:

If it works with the Switch, it should work with anything that uses HDMI (like the Apple TV).

The bigger issue you might experience is the WiFi. Many public WiFi access points require you to login through a web portal. You have probably experienced this many times on your phone where a full screen pop up appears and you have to agree to terms or provide a room number, etc.

The Apple TV doesn’t provide an interface for this so it won’t be able to connect to the WiFi. For solutions you can either do something like hook up to your phone’s personal hotspot or even better: get an HDMI adapter for your phone or tablet and hook it up directly up watch stuff like Netflix or whatever else you would use the Apple TV for.

Hope that helps.

We had trouble connecting our Nintendo Switch to Wifi at GCH (and have had the same issue at other hotels). We ended up making a hotspot with one of our phones, but never tried hooking it to the TV since we spent so little time in the room.

If it works with the Switch, it should work with anything that uses HDMI (like the Apple TV).

The bigger issue you might experience is the WiFi. Many public WiFi access points require you to login through a web portal. You have probably experienced this many times on your phone where a full screen pop up appears and you have to agree to terms or provide a room number, etc.

The Apple TV doesn’t provide an interface for this so it won’t be able to connect to the WiFi. For solutions you can either do something like hook up to your phone’s personal hotspot or even better: get an HDMI adapter for your phone or tablet and hook it up directly up watch stuff like Netflix or whatever else you would use the Apple TV for.

Hope that helps.
Whew! We should be ok then. We will bring our HDMI adapter. Thank you! :thanks:

We had trouble connecting our Nintendo Switch to Wifi at GCH (and have had the same issue at other hotels). We ended up making a hotspot with one of our phones, but never tried hooking it to the TV since we spent so little time in the room.
Thanks! Hopefully it’ll be ok! :flower1:

I might be wrong, but parking is noted on your room key, not by car, so basically you can park as many as you want. Maybe that is not according to the rules, but we always park 2.

Thanks for that! I was the one who originally asked about parking two cars. That totally makes sense and I kind of remember how we did it in the pass there, too. I'll have a room key on hand for my DH when he pulls up!

Question if anyone knows - we want to add concierge if it’s available for our stay in August. How do you request it if doing online check-in? I’m assuming we will have to do in-person check-in in order to make that request?

Question if anyone knows - we want to add concierge if it’s available for our stay in August. How do you request it if doing online check-in? I’m assuming we will have to do in-person check-in in order to make that request?
Checking in online doesn’t bypass the check-in line. You will still have to wait in line for your keys, so you can add it then.

Hi all! I'm staying at GCH at the end of the year in Club Level! Any tips or tricks would be helpful!

Also... we can have food delivered to our hotel from DTD?
Right now as a COVID accommodation, they allow delivery from several of the downtown disney restaurants, including Earl of Sandwich, Uva, Catal, and Ralph Brennan's. They call you before they run it over and meet you at the guest services desk, which is not manned right now. We're DVC, so we had a fully stocked fridge of beer and wine in the room. The food arrived still hot, and it was really nice (and a serious money saver) to have our meal in the room. There's a QR code with a special link for ordering on the TV in the room, which we had taken a photo of in the morning before we left for the parks Then we ordered on our way back to the room for lunch, and they called me letting me know it was on its way over shortly after I got to the room.

When we checked in, they mentioned the option was available because they weren't currently offering room service, but I hope they keep this going even after room service returns. I tried for 2 months to get a reservation at Uva and couldn't do it, but eating Uva in the room was just as great!

Last edited:
We check in tomorrow. Can anyone update the current status of housekeeping? I would really like daily housekeeping!!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter