Grand Canyon Railroad

We did this several summers ago with our small children. Between the time up and back, you only get about 3-4 hours at the canyon, but that may be all you need to see it and the visitors' center.

We seemed to spend most of that time riding the shuttle buses; it was a hot and busy Fourth of July wekend. I think I would do more homework before I went next time to figure out what I wanted to see and where to go.

On the way back from the Grand Canyon, the train is "hijacked" by bandits who ride up on horses and come through the train. It is very cool but can be a little frightening for some children.

It makes for a long day. I would probably stay overnight in Williams either before or after (I know they have package deals with the train/hotel).

PHXscuba

p.s. After reading what I've written, it might sound negative. I DO recommend you do the Grand Canyon Railway, just know what's involved before you decide to go.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter