Grand Cayman -- Boatswains or dolphins with a 4-year-old?

CB Ace

Earning My Ears
I'm trying to decide whether to do the Turtle Farm with the Dolphin Encounter or just stay at the turtle Farm (Boatswains) while in Grand Cayman. We'll be taking an animal-loving (and adventurous) 4-year-old. Anyone have experience in this department? Thanks!

Oh and if you did Boatswains, did you book through Disney or through the farm's website? We'd love to do it independently but how does that work?

I would highly suggest the dolphins, but I would not book through Disney. You can save about 50% booking them independantly

We did just the turtle farm and really enjoyed it. We booked through Disney which was nice because they get you and a group of people who booked the same thing, together on the boat and then guide you to the bus that takes you there. My younger brother then 8 loved this. He snorkeled with the turtles held baby turtles and just really had a great time. Hope this helps!

My three year old loved the turtle farm. We took the public bus there. I think it was $2.50 a person each way. It was easy to get there and to get back to the port.

I'm trying to decide whether to do the Turtle Farm with the Dolphin Encounter or just stay at the turtle Farm (Boatswains) while in Grand Cayman. We'll be taking an animal-loving (and adventurous) 4-year-old. Anyone have experience in this department? Thanks!

Dolphins was worth every penny (at least for adults). While we don't have kids, there were kids that were extremely young in our group. The kid, though, has to be a swimmer. Also, the kid may be out in the water by himself for a little bit (if the dolphin picks the adult). Usually they try to get the dolphin to pick the kid first though, for this reason. However, if the kid still has trouble getting a ride with the dolphin (e.g. proper positioning), the instructors were very good at getting a second instructor to swim out there and helping the kid out.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter