Grand Cayman Tender

scrappinginontario

We are going to GC on the Fantasy next month. If we do not have a Disney Excursion booked, does anyone have an idea what time we can anticipate being able to tender ashore? Onshore time starts at 10:30. We have friends who live in GC so we’re meeting to spend the day with them and are trying to set up an approximate time we’ll be on the island.

Is the current process still similar to the past where we will go to a theater to get a tender ticket?

Thanks!

Passengers with GC shore excursions check-in and gather at the WD Theater. Then as a group, you walk down the stairs to the port tender.

In December, they were running port tenders from both forward and midship - and opened both up to all passengers after the shore excursion passengers departed.

Passengers with GC shore excursions check-in and gather at the WD Theater. Then as a group, you walk down the stairs to the port tender.

In December, they were running port tenders from both forward and midship - and opened both up to all passengers after the shore excursion passengers departed.
Thank you. Do you have any idea approx what time they opened the tenders to those without a shore excursion? We will not have a shore excursion booked so understand we have to wait until all of those have rendered ashore.

It was about 20 minutes from when we got on the tender to when we walked off the tender at the dock. The tenders alternated between the mid- and forward-doors so it could be a bit longer if you picked the door where the tender had recently departed.

Minor update on my original post: if you did NOT have a port adventure, but still wanted to debark prior to being open to all passengers, you would report to the WD Theater and then you would be brought down to a tender filling in tender seats not taken by those with port adventures.

I don’t think is was more than 30 minutes after they started running the tenders that we were off the ship (and we weren’t on a DCL excursion). I believe we reported to the WD Theater right at 10:30 and really didn’t wait very long. There are several tenders going at any one time, and as soon as one fills, there is another there to take its place. DCL excursions get priority, but I didn’t feel like we had to wait much longer.

It was about 20 minutes from when we got on the tender to when we walked off the tender at the dock. The tenders alternated between the mid- and forward-doors so it could be a bit longer if you picked the door where the tender had recently departed.

Minor update on my original post: if you did NOT have a port adventure, but still wanted to debark prior to being open to all passengers, you would report to the WD Theater and then you would be brought down to a tender filling in tender seats not taken by those with port adventures.

I don’t think is was more than 30 minutes after they started running the tenders that we were off the ship (and we weren’t on a DCL excursion). I believe we reported to the WD Theater right at 10:30 and really didn’t wait very long. There are several tenders going at any one time, and as soon as one fills, there is another there to take its place. DCL excursions get priority, but I didn’t feel like we had to wait much longer.
Thanks so much! These responses are both very helpful with our planning!

How did it go for you? Any advice on getting to a tender early or getting to 7 mile beach on your own?

We were in GC last week. Our stateroom overlooked the side that was tendering and we watching a steady stream of tenders coming, filling up and leaving starting at about 10:20. At 11:00 or so, we went down to deck 3 and walked right onto a tender without a wait. As soon as it was full, the tender left and we were at the dock in port in less than five minutes. (It’s very close.) The whole process was maybe 15 minutes?

Getting a taxi was very easy. As soon as we left the secure area, there were lots of people offering taxi services. I believe it was $5/person to Seven Mile Beach. Be warned: most “taxis” you will find in this area are large minivan/small bus type vehicles that may load more than just your party in it, but they will take you wherever you want to go. There are plenty of taxis waiting at the beach when you’re ready to go back to the port. It was all very easy and super safe.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter