• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Grand FL or Beach Club?

Blessed_wth_Triplets

DIS Veteran
If you could choose between the two and price was almost the same, which would you choose? I've stayed GF before but not BC. This is what I'm thinking

GF- monorail, ambiance

BC- walk to Epcot (positive and negative), more quick service choices, cool pool for the kids, but bigger and more spread out - chances of having a room far away from it all?

Would love your opinions!thanks!

BC all the way!!!! Love the look of the resort. Boat/ walk to 2 parks. Great pool & area.

GF is nice but I can't do bedspreads, lol

we are doing a split stay in just 5 days with both resorts. i have stayed at GF three times but this is our first stay at BC, so unfortunately, i can't really weigh in. one thing i did want to point out, though, is to consider your kids' ages as far as the pool goes. it sounds like you guys are outnumbered, so if the kids are small or are not awesome swimmers, i would personally not do BC for safety reasons. because their pool is so large, it would be difficult to adequately supervise them all.

If you could choose between the two and price was almost the same, which would you choose? I've stayed GF before but not BC. This is what I'm thinking

GF- monorail, ambiance

BC- walk to Epcot (positive and negative), more quick service choices, cool pool for the kids, but bigger and more spread out - chances of having a room far away from it all?

Would love your opinions!thanks!

We've stayed at both and while we liked the BC, my choice would be the GF for larger room, better CS options, convenient to CR and Poly for a variety of dining options, and it's just 1 monorail stop from MK.

If spending more time at MK than GF, if spending more tie at pool or Epcot/DHS, then BC.

Location, location, location!!!

Horrible experience at BC CL amazing experience at GF! Plus views are amazing. While EP is our favorite park we love the MK area it doesn't take long to get to EP from monorail resort and we enjoy riding monorail.

Sept 2013 Poly, 2012 Disney Fantasy, BC CL, GF CL, POR, 2011 Poly CL, CR, Poly CL, AKL, 2010 Poly CL, ASMu 2009, SSR 2008, Pop 2006, POR , Asmo 2005, Asmo 2003, offsite 2000, 1999,1989, Poly 1980, offsite 1979

Of the two, I've only stayed at BC and I loved it! We did BC CL in May and had a great time. The resort is gorgeous and the location is just perfect IMO. Loved being able to walk right into Epcot, boat or walk to and from Hollywood Studios and loved the option of heading out to walk around the Boardwalk at night and enjoy the entertainment or shop. Lots of dining options of course.

The decor at GF doesn't really appeal to me much and as for the monorail it just doesn't excite me all that much either. So for those reasons I'd go with BC.

I've stayed GF before but not BC.

while we greatly prefer the GF, that line would decide it for me:
the BC

you can walk/friendship to 2 parks, go over to the BW at night to see the buskers, play carny games, ride a surrey bike, etc
eat a yummy ice cream cone as you stroll around & absorb it all.

the pool is huge (and tends to be crowded & noisy), but little ones love it. there are sandy areas for them to play in but due to its size, you will need to watch them closely.

you never know if your favorite resort will be the one you haven't tried yet :)

Stayed at both. GF RPC is very nice but I don't like staying in the outer buildings. At the price they charge I don't think outer buildings are worth it.

The lack of balconies on half the BC rooms annoys me. I've had 2 stays without a balcony. And SAB is not my favorite pool-kids love it but as a parent I find it stressful. However, the resort location is much nicer than GF location.

So of these 2, I would pick BC.

Beach Club all the way. This is by far the best resort on property. Especially since you said there are kids: Pool...easy access to Epcot: Win. Easy Access to DHS: Win. While the GF is amazing and a real "wow" factor...unless you stay in the main building I really don't think it is worth it...especially with kids. If this was an adult only trip than perhaps.

Let us know what you pick!

Stayed at both. GF RPC is very nice but I don't like staying in the outer buildings. At the price they charge I don't think outer buildings are worth it.

So of these 2, I would pick BC.

I agree. I have never had a bad experience at BC. For what will be a huge price difference you are better off at BC.

I agree. I have never had a bad experience at BC. For what will be a huge price difference you are better off at BC.

The best of both worlds: we're doing a split stay in December (Beach Club first followed by the Grand Floridian).

All the best. :thumbsup2

I think it probably hinges on the ages of you kids. If the triplets are in strollers then a monorail resort makes more sense. If they are old enough to enjoy SAB then BC might be the best choice.

What time of year are you planning to visit? If it's Christmas time, I'd say GF. Any other time, I'd go BC. Love the access to two parks, all the dining options and the overall feel of the whole Epcot resort area!

What time of year are you planning to visit? If it's Christmas time, I'd say GF. Any other time, I'd go BC. Love the access to two parks, all the dining options and the overall feel of the whole Epcot resort area!

Yes...I will actually be there at Christmas time this year for the second year in a row. By far the best resort from an aesthetic point of view was GF. The gingerbread house just blows me away.

BC was nice too. I love all the lights regardless. Still the most important part of resort selection is LOCATION. If you aren't an EC fan don't stay at BC. If you like MK or plan to spend the most time there than go GF.

We've stayed at both BC and GF twice. My vote is for GF! I think the ease of getting to MK is a huge plus. The grounds are beautiful and it's nice to be able to Monorail around to CR and Poly for additional restaurant options.

I was less than thrilled with our BC stay in April - we encountered numerous problems and the staff was not really helpful in fully resolving them. The whole thing soured me a bit on the resort and as much as we love the proximity to Epcot, next time we stay in that area it will be at BWI.

We've stayed at both BC and GF twice. My vote is for GF! I think the ease of getting to MK is a huge plus. The grounds are beautiful and it's nice to be able to Monorail around to CR and Poly for additional restaurant options.

I was less than thrilled with our BC stay in April - we encountered numerous problems and the staff was not really helpful in fully resolving them. The whole thing soured me a bit on the resort and as much as we love the proximity to Epcot, next time we stay in that area it will be at BWI.

That is unfortunate. I have stayed at BC so many times I lost count and I have never had any issues. How does BWI compare to BC? I have always thought about staying there but then end up booking BC out of habit. I have also stayed at BLT and love that area around CR.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter