Grand Floridian Cafe vs Ale & Compass

Djsbride

Mouseketeer
We have a 7am fishing excursion and would like to book breakfast for right after we're done, followed by a hotel hop. I don't know how much we'll accomplish but we want to ride the monorail and the skyliner. If we go to GFC we can hop to the monorail right after, if we go to A&C we can get to the skyliner, so at this point I'm undecided and having never been to either, I need opinions :)

We have a 7am fishing excursion and would like to book breakfast for right after we're done, followed by a hotel hop. I don't know how much we'll accomplish but we want to ride the monorail and the skyliner. If we go to GFC we can hop to the monorail right after, if we go to A&C we can get to the skyliner, so at this point I'm undecided and having never been to either, I need opinions :)

From which resort are you doing your fishing excursion? That would sway my opinion.

I have had wonderful experiences at both. The GF cafe has a more sunny, cheerful vibe. Ale and Compass has a more sedate, polished, and in our experience, quiet and calm vibe. I like both. I might prefer the more traditional food at GF when I think of a hearty breakfast. I had shrimp and grits at Ale and Compass, which was good, but maybe I prefer the vanilla french toast at GF (and get the press pot coffee.)
I don't think you can go wrong with either, but GF does give off more Disney/cheerful/sunny/bustling vibes, so that might sway me in that direction. But maybe after a fishing excursion you would like someplace darker and calmer! I have a split stay in May at GF and Swan, and I actually plan to do both of these restaurants (like you are--after an early busy morning!)

From which resort are you doing your fishing excursion? That would sway my opinion.
Me too. The differences between most Disney resorts are not so significant that I'd drive across property to eat breakfast after being on a boat all morning.

Except for Olivia's, but that's nostalgia more than anything.

As much as we are enticed by the Lobster & Hamburger available at breakfast at GF Cafe (which might appeal to someone hungry after a fishing excursion), we still prefer the food at Ale & Compass.

Also to consider - the dark, wood-paneled boating theme at Ale & Compass is seemingly more befitting for folks coming from a fishing excursion, but GF Cafe is certainly more 'bright-n-cheery'.

Last edited:
Hmm I don’t know. We’re staying at the SSR but I’m not sure where we’re doing the excursion from.

I would recommend finding out. There are no fishing excursions out of SSR, so it sounds like you will be traveling to another resort and that will impact travel options and timing for a resort ADR.

I would recommend finding out. There are no fishing excursions out of SSR, so it sounds like you will be traveling to another resort and that will impact travel options and timing for a resort ADR.
Is from the yatch club so having the reservation at ale & compass makes sense

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter