Grand Floridian dates already in waitlist status

nyck

Mouseketeer
Well the sales definitely are booming here considering that there are already dates in December that are not available in studios and 2 bedroom lock offs. This resort is going to be probably the worst to try to get at 7 months, especially during December

Seems like it might be tough at 11 months too. It's the biggest reason we haven't purchased yet. We'd only want to travel to GFV in early to mid December and late September to October.

it's a little complicated. during the selling phase, as they sell more pts, they make more rooms available to book. but i'm sure demand will also continue to be strong...

Well the sales definitely are booming here considering that there are already dates in December that are not available in studios and 2 bedroom lock offs. This resort is going to be probably the worst to try to get at 7 months, especially during December
I would assume non-owners would have the most difficuluty during that time. Let's hope BLT will have slightly more availability chances as a result of VGF.

Ugh, well I went from hope to barely any hope :faint: from other threads it seemed that I may have a shot getting a room(don't care about view or room type) the 2nd week in December :worried: Oh well, It ain't over till it's over right :thumbsup2 Hoping some Pixie Dust will fly my way and something will be available :tink:

I always thought first week of December was a slow week (after Thanksgiving rush, before Christmas rush)...Is that not true?

I always thought first week of December was a slow week (after Thanksgiving rush, before Christmas rush)...Is that not true?

Low crowds, but very popular for DVC. Rooms use the least number of points. Most places are booked at 7mons. I thought I'd be able to add a few nights to AKV, they are gone too at 6mons.

Ugh, well I went from hope to barely any hope :faint:

If you have enough points, I'd suggest you "walk" the reservation. That's probably your best chance... and you'd probably have to start walking around Thanksgiving :eek:

It's a VERY busy week for DVC.

First week of Dec is the highest DVC demand week of the year; second week of Dec is the third highest demand week of the year (Dec 23 to Jan 2 is second). Anyone expecting to get VGF at 7 months out at those times is probably engaging in wishful thinking. It is already near impossible to get any of the near park resorts at 7 months our during those times and VGF is not likely to be different.

First week of Dec is the highest DVC demand week of the year; second week of Dec is the third highest demand week of the year (Dec 23 to Jan 2 is second). Anyone expecting to get VGF at 7 months out at those times is probably engaging in wishful thinking. It is already near impossible to get any of the near park resorts at 7 months our during those times and VGF is not likely to be different.

Haha. Shows what I know. But I did just become a dvc member(well on 19th it will be official). We bought at vgf so if I want to go then I will have to set my alarm 11 month out I guess :)

If you have enough points, I'd suggest you "walk" the reservation. That's probably your best chance... and you'd probably have to start walking around Thanksgiving :eek:

Walking won't help if you don't own there and they already have owners that are waitlisting- you will eventually reach the days being waitlisted and be stuck without your dates anyway.

Walking won't help if you don't own there and they already have owners that are waitlisting- you will eventually reach the days being waitlisted and be stuck without your dates anyway.

Help a new girl out. What is walking??

Walking: assume you want Christmas week, Dec 25 to Jan 1. On Jan 19, you reserve Dec 19-26 capturing the night of Dec 25 and thus the first night you really want; on Jan 20, you call and drop Dec 19 and add night of Dec 26 so reservation is now Dec 20-27 (with any reservation you can drop days at the beginning and add days at the end without cancelling the rest of the reservation); on Jan 21, you call and drop Dec 20 and add night of Dec 27 so reservation is now Dec 21-28; you can continue to do that daily until you have Dec 25-Jan 1. So what is happening is that you will be getting the nights you want before those who simply use the 11 month window by calling Jan 25.

Walking really does not work very well at 7 months out because owners of the resort could have blocked out some or most of the days you want even before you begin to walk, e.g., in the above example, if you actually call May 19 for Dec 19 to 26, you are likely to find for many things that Dec 23 through night of Dec 25 are already gone.

Walking at the 11 month period is usually unnecessary but it is something to consider for AKV concierge year round, although even then you may have troubles, e.g., the days you are trying to walk through may themselves be gone when you make your first call to try to start a walk. As to other rooms and resorts generally, it is not likely needed except for possibly the following: AKV value and BLT standard for days right around Thanksgiving, first week Dec and Christmas time (Dec 23 to Jan 2); add to that possibly BCV and BWV standard and boardwalk view if your intent is to arrive late Dec after Christmas and you want Dec 31.

Not anymore. That week is very busy because the lower point cost and all the Christmas activities. Actually, the first week of December is the week where a bunch of the studios and lock offs are in waitlist status.

This resort is going to be probably the worst to try to get at 7 months, especially during December

Don't even know how you'd quantify that. VWL, VGC, BLT, BC...all of the smaller resorts are nearly impossible to get at 7 months in December. Other times of the year there are no sure things either.

Walking: assume you want Christmas week, Dec 25 to Jan 1. On Jan 19, you reserve Dec 19-26 capturing the night of Dec 25 and thus the first night you really want; on Jan 20, you call and drop Dec 19 and add night of Dec 26 so reservation is now Dec 20-27 (with any reservation you can drop days at the beginning and add days at the end without cancelling the rest of the reservation); on Jan 21, you call and drop Dec 20 and add night of Dec 27 so reservation is now Dec 21-28; you can continue to do that daily until you have Dec 25-Jan 1. So what is happening is that you will be getting the nights you want before those who simply use the 11 month window by calling Jan 25.

Walking really does not work very well at 7 months out because owners of the resort could have blocked out some or most of the days you want even before you begin to walk, e.g., in the above example, if you actually call May 19 for Dec 19 to 26, you are likely to find for many things that Dec 23 through night of Dec 25 are already gone.

Walking at the 11 month period is usually unnecessary but it is something to consider for AKV concierge year round, although even then you may have troubles, e.g., the days you are trying to walk through may themselves be gone when you make your first call to try to start a walk. As to other rooms and resorts generally, it is not likely needed except for possibly the following: AKV value and BLT standard for days right around Thanksgiving, first week Dec and Christmas time (Dec 23 to Jan 2); add to that possibly BCV and BWV standard and boardwalk view if your intent is to arrive late Dec after Christmas and you want Dec 31.

Wow I have a lot to learn...I assume I will make a few mistakes along the way :) I guess I have 50 years of trial and error...I will probably get it right when I am 80 :lmao: Thank you for the explanation.

Don't even know how you'd quantify that. VWL, VGC, BLT, BC...all of the smaller resorts are nearly impossible to get at 7 months in December. Other times of the year there are no sure things either.

Because it is already in wait list before 7 months opens. I own at BCV and I pretty much can still book what I want at 9-10 months out. Unless more rooms open for ressies later, this is pretty quick considering there are folks thinking they have 2 months left to get reservations they want before the 4 month window opens for everyone else. New members waiting for June 19th for their purchase to go through so they can book maybe in shock if they have to wait list for a studio the first week of December.

Of course with the size of this resort I am not shocked, but it is pretty impressive of the sales it has generated.

Because it is already in wait list before 7 months opens. I own at BCV and I pretty much can still book what I want at 9-10 months out. Unless more rooms open for ressies later, this is pretty quick considering there are folks thinking they have 2 months left to get reservations they want before the 4 month window opens for everyone else. New members waiting for June 19th for their purchase to go through so they can book maybe in shock if they have to wait list for a studio the first week of December.

Of course with the size of this resort I am not shocked, but it is pretty impressive of the sales it has generated.

Plus with this being the only DVC at WDW with fixed week option I think that will effect alot of options at even 10 months out, with alot of no availability at 7 months. I am glad I bought and booked my New Years ressies there!

But has all of VGF been declared? If not then they might not even have all rooms available for point booking. Still, there are several room types that are hard for even resort owners to get right at 11 months for that week such as standard views at BLT.

But has all of VGF been declared? If not then they might not even have all rooms available for point booking. Still, there are several room types that are hard for even resort owners to get right at 11 months for that week such as standard views at BLT.

I am sure it hasn't, but I doubt it will be duly declared by December either. With only 100/147 rooms and fixed week options it will be hard for anyone who isn't a 11 month out planner and those who don't own there during popular travel times.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter