• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Grand Floridian or Boardwalk Inn Club Level next month?

Gator29

Mouseketeer
I have a Grand Floridian lagoon view trip booked next month mid July. We are just doing a resort stay with no theme parks. We plan to have a lot of pool time during the day. The start of the main building refurbishment has me concerned about the construction noise. I have stayed at GF twice during the refurb and know the level of noise that I could be facing for my relaxing pool days. My in-laws will be with us and it has always been my MIL's dream to stay the Grand Floridian, but I am starting to think it may be less than magical. I considering moving to Boardwalk Inn Club Level but I know that resort is also under construction. Does anyone have any insights on construction noise level/disruption at Boardwalk now and in about a month? What would you do?

The latest reports are the lobby remodel was pushed off until 2024 they are however remodeling the guest rooms in the main building.

I saw some videos online that were taken today that highlighted the the noise level from the construction at the GF and it was enough to make me switch. However, I switched the the Poly and not BWI Club as I could not get two rooms at the AP discount. I love the Poly, so I am not disappointed!

I saw some videos online that were taken today that highlighted the the noise level from the construction at the GF and it was enough to make me switch. However, I switched the the Poly and not BWI Club as I could not get two rooms at the AP discount. I love the Poly, so I am not disappointed!
That’s the best way to do it. Scope out some videos and decide if you’re cool with GF right now.

Rumor is GF Lobby is not technically being renovated until 2024- but all the rooms 3rd floor & higher are and some other areas of the building so the lobby is a staging area that might give off construction zone vibes. BWI is winding down it’s refurb, GF is just now starting the main building.

And now I am back to BWI Club since I could grab two club rooms as of today. Poly made me nervous with a few buildings facing a giant dirt pile. I am staying club level at Poly this weekend so I know I am “safe.” Any updates on construction being close to complete on the BWI side of things?

I have a Grand Floridian lagoon view trip booked next month mid July. We are just doing a resort stay with no theme parks. We plan to have a lot of pool time during the day. The start of the main building refurbishment has me concerned about the construction noise. I have stayed at GF twice during the refurb and know the level of noise that I could be facing for my relaxing pool days. My in-laws will be with us and it has always been my MIL's dream to stay the Grand Floridian, but I am starting to think it may be less than magical. I considering moving to Boardwalk Inn Club Level but I know that resort is also under construction. Does anyone have any insights on construction noise level/disruption at Boardwalk now and in about a month? What would you do?
We just got back from staying at Grand Floridian, non-club (as Royal Palm Club has been closed in preparation for their reno) and all outer buildings are completely finished and look great. We were at Boca Chica 5th floor resort view and rooms were outstanding as was the service. Pools were on point. They just started work on main building this Monday (we checked out Sunday) and it is total eyesore. You would definitely see all of that renovation being done walking thru resort to get to it’s amenities and ESPECIALLY visible at the Courtyard Pool. We checked out at the day before the work started. FYI: Boardwalk also still has a lot of work being done, cranes are visible and a lot of noise/construction for Cake Bake Shop. We have stayed at both resorts several times and Grand Floridian is doing a better job on refresh than Boardwalk so far. That being said, we LOVE Boardwalk’s club level (stayed several times) and since they are finished with it should be a great stay within the lounge/guest rooms-although all club level rooms will have views of the 2 cranes that are in the “quiet” garden courtyard and 2 other cranes working on ESPN demo and some painting of the rooms near Flying Fish - those will affect the water view rooms. Even the Boardwalk area was looking rough because of the renovations. But we still did dinner one night at Trattoria and had a nice time. Cynthia

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter