Grand Floridian Outer Building Lagoon View question?

Monorail_Man_NJ

DIS Veteran
Its getting close to my 90 day mark for check in at GF. I booked an outer building Lagoon View.

Any advise as to which building would have the best views in this room category.
Also which online check-in options would be best to request?

Thanks in advance.

We stayed GF lagoon view and requested Boca Chica, 4th floor (which we got). This was two years ago, so I don't know if there are any trees blocking the current view, but from our balcony, we could see some of the MK fireworks if we turned to the left. I don't know what the current online request options are. If they don't fit with what you would like, I would probably leave it blank and call your requests in. Touring Plans has a good tool to get a sense of hotel room views.

Yes, what PP said about the online check-in room request options. Unless they have changed very recently, the current GF options are very basic... "upper floor", "near transportation", etc. If that is still the case, and you want to request a specific building, I agree with calling to have that noted on your reservation and then leaving online check-in blank for room requests.

Also FWIW, online check-in is at 60 days, not 90.

Have fun!

We only had a lagoon view once in Big Pine Key, our view was of Poly across the lagoon. We could watch the electric water parade at Poly from our balcony.

Is their space on online form to request say Boca Chica or Big Pine Key? Like special requests or something.

Is their space on online form to request say Boca Chica or Big Pine Key? Like special requests or something.

No, you only have Disney's set options to choose from. The online check-in options for GF used to have actual building selection options, but they tinkered with the room request thing property-wide sometime earlier this year and now what is available is pretty generic, and may not even apply to your given resort/room category!

We had a Lagoon view at Big Pine Key, but it was a dormer room on the top floor and you couldn't really sit and enjoy the view cause the balcony wall was so high, so keep that in mind.

My wife and I are going in Oct, lagoon view, and we are trying for Conch Key 4th floor around the 20's - 30's. We picked it using touring plans view finder. Here's hoping for the best.

I second the recommendation of Boca Chica 4th floor. We didn't make a room request for our lagoon view room but were lucky enough to be placed here...most rooms won't have such a wide angle but we could see all the way from the Polynesian to the MK entrance. You could hear the water traffic, the train, and things happening in MK from the balcony. It was wonderful.

gf1.jpg gf2.jpg

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter