Grand Floridian Private Tea 12-16-06

mlill

Tagless since 2000!<br><font color="red">Tagless,
I had read so many nice reviews of the Grand Floridian Afternoon Tea, that I really wanted to take my girls to it during our Christmas vacation. I called and called, but up until the day before we left, there were no openings! :sad2:

As I was sitting at my computer, going over our trip itinerary, it suddenly hit me! :idea: Since we'll be staying at the Grand Floridian, why don't I call GF Private Dining and see if I can arrange to have a Private Tea?! I called and they were able to set it up for me, on exactly the time and day that I wanted! WooHoo! :woohoo: I was told to meet our private butler by the piano, and he would take us up to the 3rd floor balcony where our tea would be held. I was so excited! :banana: Our tea day finally arrived, and it was perfect! The weather was 75 degrees and partly cloudy with a light breeze. :cloud9:

tea-01.jpg

tea-02.jpg

tea-03.jpg

tea-05.jpg

tea-06.jpg

tea-07.jpg

tea-08.jpg

tea-09.jpg

tea-10.jpg

It was an AMAZING experience! :thumbsup2

-Michelle

That was soooooo cool! May I ask how much something like that cost you? You can PM me with the answer if you're not comfortable posting it here - I'd love to do something like that!

I can't believe I never thought of that. I feel like such a dummy. :headache:

Michelle, you are brilliant! And I hope your girls appreciate you for the great mom that you are. :goodvibes

I'm sure you already knew this, but, that was an excellent idea!!

Thank you for posting!!

That was just beautiful! what a brilliant idea.

I notice the menfolk skipped out though. :rotfl:

How cool is that? Your own private tea time! I just love it, thanks for sharing your experience. :goodvibes

Perfect. What fun for you and your girls (who look just like you by the way:) ) thanks for sharing your photos.

May I ask how much something like that cost you?
I'd like to know too.

Hi everyone! :wave2: I'm so glad you enjoyed my pictures! I just got done transferring my video of the tea and it brought me to tears! It really was perfect! I was sooo worried that it would rain that day!

Now on to the details!

When I called GF Private Dining to make the reservation, I had the Garden View Tea Room menu in front of me. I told them that I wanted the Grand Tea, and that Jordan & Brenna would have the Buckingham Palace and Sally Lunn tea services. They said that there would be a $25 charge for the private butler, 18% gratuity, plus tax. So, the total was less than $100.

When we arrived, Tiffany, the manager, told me that GF Private Dining had never done a private tea before! We were the first! :dance3: I was expecting what I had ordered, and what we actually got was everything on the menu! There was more food than we could possibly eat, plus a whole bottle of champagne. The tea was automatically charged to my GF room, so I didn't see the total until I got the room charges bill when I checked out. They had only charged me $85!!! I couldn't believe it! :goodvibes

Unfortunately, after I posted my pics on the GF FAQ board when I got home, someone else called to make private tea reservations. A few days later, Tiffany called her back and told her that they do not do private teas anymore, but that they would honor her reservation since it was already booked. I think she went with her family last week, and I'm still waiting to hear all about it! I guess we were the 'test' group to see if it would work. I thought it was FABULOUS, but I can see how it wouldn't be cost effective for them. I would have paid twice the price, so I hope they can figure out a way to offer this to everyone. You can give GF Private Dining a call and see what they say...

Thanks for reading!

-Michelle

P.S. Cass - the boys were off having their own fun! They rented MouseBoats and terrorized Seven Seas Lagoon & Bay Lake! :lmao:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter