Grand Floridian Resort Studio Lagoon View

OHIOVACATIONER

DIS Veteran
I am so excited. Check in is 30 days away 🎄 Cannot wait for the Christmas decorations at the GF. So I have a resort studio Lagoon View. I know request are not guaranteed but can anyone give me an insight or review on one of the best view rooms here. I read that some do not have balconies. I would prefer a balcony and I know very little about the GF set up. Thank you so much.

I am so excited. Check in is 30 days away 🎄 Cannot wait for the Christmas decorations at the GF. So I have a resort studio Lagoon View. I know request are not guaranteed but can anyone give me an insight or review on one of the best view rooms here. I read that some do not have balconies. I would prefer a balcony and I know very little about the GF set up. Thank you so much.
Many of the lagoon views for Big Pine Key, which is where the deluxe studios are at GF, will be facing the Polynesian.
I'm not too familiar with the rooms that wouldn't have a balcony, but the vast majority of rooms have them. Some of the rooms on the upper floors have an enclosed balcony. I would request a lower floor with a nice view to avoid those balconies.

You can check Page 1 of the VGF thread HERE where you can see some room views from those who have stayed. Hope that helps.

*note: some trees have been removed since the DVC conversion, which you’ll see in the newer pics.

I check in on 11/16 :)

I have stayed in all the buildings at GF. As far as I can remember the only room without a balcony is in what used to be called "deluxe garden " room. It was a room with an extra bump out seating area. The top floor does not have a balcony, the others do. Those rooms all face the pool. There is one of these tower looking things for each building.

Lucky for you is on the other side of the building for BPK/resort studio lagoon view.

I prefer open balcony vs the enclosed ones but the vaulted ceilings in those rooms are nice.

I pulled this from google. The white tower is what I am talking about.
1666023074113.png

This past summer, I had to piece together a crazy 3 reservation stay so that my daughter had a few days at Stormalong Bay... I mean the Beach Club. Lol! So, we were in 2 different VGF lagoon view resort studios at the beginning and end of our stay. Both of them had balconies and lovely views!

Thank you so much. The views are beautiful. So were you happy with the rooms?
Yes! We only stayed one night, before we moved to AKL, but loved it. We are staying for a full week in early Dec, and excited to be going back. We did hear some noise from neighbors above and below, but to us it was no different that any other resort to be honest. The location is awesome. So close to the food locations and the boat to MK.

So nice to hear. Does the boat also go to Ft. Wilderness because another night we are going over there for a carriage ride. Also nice that it is close to the food options. We are not doing expensive on the food. Thinking not to waste time so Gasparilla and the GF Cafe for breakfast. Is this close to the main building?

So nice to hear. Does the boat also go to Ft. Wilderness because another night we are going over there for a carriage ride. Also nice that it is close to the food options. We are not doing expensive on the food. Thinking not to waste time so Gasparilla and the GF Cafe for breakfast. Is this close to the main building?
To get to Ft Wilderness, you will need to take a boat to MK, then hop on another boat to Ft Wilderness.

GF Cafe and Gasparilla's are pretty close. GF Cafe might be just a little closer in the Main Bldg.

Wife and I stayed in a resort studio - lake view back in August (see post HERE with pictures). Was on the 4th floor (9429). Room had vaulted ceilings, which was really nice. As mentioned in my post, we were able to see Harmonious fireworks from our balcony as well. Overall, it was a great room and can't wait to visit again.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter