Grand Floridian Resort Villa or Resort Studio

What room/ area seems to be of preference? The DVC studios in Villas or Resort?
The Deluxe Studios and Resort Studios are very different rooms, so it's really which room suits your preference.

The Deluxe Studios are all located in the main VGF building while the Resort Studios are located in Big Pine Key.

I would check out the room layouts to see what you prefer.

In addition to the rooms being different (the Resort Studios are more hotel room in nature whereas the Deluxe Studios are more villa in nature), the Resort Studios are much closer to the boat launch and Courtyard Pool. Whereas the Deluxe Studios are next to the Beaches Pool (water slide and pool games)...in case any of those considerations matter. But neither are really that far from anything for all intents and purposes.

The Resort studios are what used to be hotel rooms in the Big Pine Key building at GF. The conversion to VGF of the Big Pine Key building mainly just consisted of doing a refurbishment of the rooms, putting in lamented floors, and new furniture, including keeping the same room layout as existed before-- two queen beds and a couch that could be used a bed (and the beds, not the couch face the TV), The original VGF studios have the queen bed and now a Murphy bed that pulls out of the wall over the couch, and a less-than-twin-size Murphy bed that pulls out of the cabinet beneath the TV.

There are now a lot more Resort studios than studios in the original VGF, with the result that Resort studios are more often open at 7-months out than the original VGF studios.

We prefer the deluxe studios because they have the little kitchenette area with a sink, a mini fridge and not a beverage cooler.

Plus, the split bath and couch facing TV are big for us.

To be fair, though, we book 1 bedrooms more than we do studios.

NOT Resort studios. They are in the quick flip building. The worst soundproofing I have experienced in many years. I live-blogged it when VGF2 opened. It's possible they fixed some of this, you know, with actually fitting doors or something, but I haven't seen it yet.

I love staying in the 1 br.s & haven’t stayed in a studio in the original building, but I was surprised by how much I enjoyed my 3 night stay in a resort studio last Dec.. I still prefer my normal 1 br.s in the original building, but I loved the convenience of BPK’s location & didn’t personally encounter any sound issues. View from my resort studio standard view.IMG_4925.jpeg

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter