• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Grand Floridian Room Availability

stev13114

Earning My Ears
Greetings. I know with COVID, things are beyond the normal and hard to predict. DW and I are planning a 2 week trip this year, starting the week after Thanksgiving, to celebrate our 30th anniversary. Looking at rooms at GF, the only room type available is Outer Building - Garden View. Trying to get a Theme Park view room or at least a Lake View. From anyone's experience, looking this far out, do you think all of the other room types are actually sold out, or do you think they're waiting until they get an idea of how busy they may be before releasing more rooms? Wondering if not all of the outer buildings are open yet? Thoughts anyone?

I’m having this same experience with Beach Club and Boardwalk for April 2022. I was wondering if it’s because we are a family of five, but many of the rooms I’m looking for are listed as “sleeps five”. I was also wondering if it had to do with limited capacity due to Covid which may change by then.

I’m having this same experience with Beach Club and Boardwalk for April 2022. I was wondering if it’s because we are a family of five, but many of the rooms I’m looking for are listed as “sleeps five”. I was also wondering if it had to do with limited capacity due to Covid which may change by then.

FYI, BoardWalk Inn won't show any availability since it does not have a reopening date established yet.

What are your April dates? I just randomly checked a few weeks and it shows plenty of availability for me. Make sure to scroll past the Club Level section of rooms because those won't show availability given CL is currently unavailable.

FYI, BoardWalk Inn won't show any availability since it does not have a reopening date established yet.

What are your April dates? I just randomly checked a few weeks and it shows plenty of availability for me. Make sure to scroll past the Club Level section of rooms because those won't show availability given CL is currently unavailable.
Okay. Thank you for the info!! Was looking at 14th to 22nd.

Greetings. I know with COVID, things are beyond the normal and hard to predict. DW and I are planning a 2 week trip this year, starting the week after Thanksgiving, to celebrate our 30th anniversary. Looking at rooms at GF, the only room type available is Outer Building - Garden View. Trying to get a Theme Park view room or at least a Lake View. From anyone's experience, looking this far out, do you think all of the other room types are actually sold out, or do you think they're waiting until they get an idea of how busy they may be before releasing more rooms? Wondering if not all of the outer buildings are open yet? Thoughts anyone?
Hi, we are in a theme park view this year 12/1-12/10, we booked right when it opened.so my guess is that it sold out.

I think in your case the 2 week stay is working against you when it comes to Disney's booking algorithms. Also there aren't a ton of TPV rooms to begin with, so that factors into things.

You could try splitting up dates and booking two reservations if you can find anything where TPV is available for both stays. Then call later and have it noted on each that it is a continuing reservation to the other reservation #.

I think in your case the 2 week stay is working against you when it comes to Disney's booking algorithms. Also there aren't a ton of TPV rooms to begin with, so that factors into things.

You could try splitting up dates and booking two reservations if you can find anything where TPV is available for both stays. Then call later and have it noted on each that it is a continuing reservation to the other reservation #.
Thanks for the tip. I've tried looking at the 1st and 2nd weeks separately, and still nothing. I do have a garden view room booked for the entire trip now, so we always have that. I'll keep checking and hope maybe there's a cancellation or two!

Hi, we are in a theme park view this year 12/1-12/10, we booked right when it opened.so my guess is that it sold out.
So that's funny. I just changed our travel dates for GF to 12/10 - 12/19, and guess what? Theme park view room available. Must be yours!! ;-) We're going to combine this with a split stay at WL 12/05-12/10. Going to be epic!

My advice, keep checking. One of my nerd things to do when I'm planning a trip is randomly check the website to see what rooms they open up for booking and at what discount. It's random. One day, they'll show 1 type of room, the week after, 3 types of rooms. And, please make sure you're logged in. One time, I was doing one of my random checks, and an insane discount popped up for Riviera. You just never know what their systems are going to release.

I have a Lagoon View room booked for March, so I know the category at least is open for booking right now.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter