Grand Floridian Walkway between Poly

MandM22

Mouseketeer
My DW and I have an upcoming split stay. A few nights at VGF and then we transfer to Poly for the rest of our stay. Since the VGF building is so close to Poly we were just planning on walking our bags over to Poly and dropping our bags off at Bell Services.
Is the pathway between the two still accessible? We weren’t sure if the construction of the new Poly towers had blocked that walkway off.
Thanks for any info or advice.

Depends on what is going on at the construction site in the future. Poly2 is a HUGE construction site and it might be blocked off.

But yes, right now, it is accessible and this would work.

Can't imagine that Disney won't construct those wooden pass-thrus like you see on city sidewalks where buildings are going up.

Seems to me pretty silly to block off that nearly new walkway. Surely something can be done, I'd think, to keep it usable.

Can't imagine that Disney won't construct those wooden pass-thrus like you see on city sidewalks where buildings are going up.

Seems to me pretty silly to block off that nearly new walkway. Surely something can be done, I'd think, to keep it usable.
Long term, sure. But maybe they're moving hube beams that day or something. I think it will have some shut downs.

They're redoing that whole parking lot area and everything, seems like at least that would require it to be shut down for a while.

Was just at VGF last week. The walkway is definitely still open and accessible, so no worries there.

Another option if you don’t want to bother would be to simply have VGF bell services transfer your bags for you.

They did this for us when we had a Topolino’s reservation on our departure day so we didn’t have to come back from DS just for our luggage (although they specifically said they made an exception since it was only for a dining reservation and not a hotel reservation). Drop off is usually between 1-4pm.

My DW and I have an upcoming split stay. A few nights at VGF and then we transfer to Poly for the rest of our stay. Since the VGF building is so close to Poly we were just planning on walking our bags over to Poly and dropping our bags off at Bell Services.
Is the pathway between the two still accessible? We weren’t sure if the construction of the new Poly towers had blocked that walkway off.
Thanks for any info or advice.
Why have you decided not to have Bell Services do this for you?

Feel better bringing our luggage over myself. We will know it's there... Whenever our room is ready, we can get our stuff... No waiting in case they are late moving our stuff over. Just feel it is easier since we are so close.
We have used Bell Services to do this for us many times and never had an issue.

Understand where you are coming from.

Another advantage to moving bags yourselves is that you know they're there in case you need something from them. All you must do in that event is go to the bell services desk, show your claim check, and say you need something from your luggage.

Yes, the Disney bag transfer works, but it's not much help when you realize you forgot to put something essential into your bag for the day. It's also not great when you get into your room, but your luggage doesn't arrive for another couple hours.

Both have happened to us. Thus, I heartily agree with the OP's preferring to transfer it personally.

A decade ago, we transferred from AKV to BLT. We had AKV bell services transfer our luggage and groceries.
Disney contemporary manager was very good and helped us through this, but it definitely ruined a couple days of our BLT dealing with the issues.
On the day we we leaving to fly back home, AKV bell services found the lost items and rushed them to us at BLT before ME picked us up. Wasn't a fun morning, but we survived.

Since that trip, we refuse to use bell services to transfer our bags.

When I did a transfer from Poly to GF, I took the boat with my luggage. No one said anything to me. I didnt even know if it was or wasnt allowed. I didnt ask and walked right on with my full size luggage.

When I did a transfer from Poly to GF, I took the boat with my luggage. No one said anything to me. I didnt even know if it was or wasnt allowed. I didnt ask and walked right on with my full size luggage.
Sounds like fun way to do it. Not sure if that boat service is currently running.

Just FYI though boat service goes in the VGF, Poly, MK, VGF order....
While this may work if you are staying at Pines, I would walk with luggage from Villas. The walkway was open last month when we did it. While Poly2 construction is going on, the walkway is still working fine. The only downside is that the DVC bungalows are on the far side of Poly from VGF.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter