Grand Floridian with a toddler

cinmell

DIS Veteran
We will be going to GF in September with our 22 month old daughter. Does anyone know of activities she would be interested in at this resort? I have heard that they have offered complimentary story telling and face painting but I don't know if they still do?

I've heard about a lady bug release, if your DD is not too scared of bugs. I would check guest services in the hotel.

Hey cinmell I would be interested to hear how your trip goes with the toddler at GF. We will be there Oct. 26 and K will be almost 17 months! Her first trip to Disney and she's staying at GF!!

Sure, I'd be happy to report on how it went and what activities if any there were and which she liked. And this is also our daughter's first trip to WDW and it will be at the Floridian. These kids have it made!!!

I did not find too many things to do at the GF with a toddler. We also have stayed at the Poly. Don't want to burst your bubble, but Poly was tops for kids. They made flags in the lobby, coloring books, lady bug release, story telling and torch lighting, plus Aloha all the time. I found the GF too stuffy for me. "Fast Food" restaurent was too far to be convient, Pool was ok, nothing special like a Volcano slide or anything. I've stayed in the main building and in one by the pool, I found everything to be very spread out. No Oooo and Ahhhh from the decor from a toddler, Poly had trees and flower leis..etc

We stayed at the GF with our then almost 4yo DD.(Nov.2001) Although she is older than your toddler, she was still too young for the "Grand Adventures for kids" such as the Tea party and the Pirate Cruise. I still have the "around and About" paper they gave us when we checked in that tells you about the resort. It says there is a story time at the M. Mouse Merchantile on Mon. nights at 8pm. Arts and crafts by the pool Sat, Sun, Tues, and Thurs 12:30:Painting, coloring sponging puppet making and more. They have other things for older kids like a crafttime at night for 4-7yo. Also there are child sized versions of the furniture with a tv playing Disney movies. Here's a picture
http://www.ourlaughingplace.com/asp...rtPix/gf/gflobbychildarea.jpg&resId=GF&resort Also the pool has a waterfall with a slide, but keep in mind most of the resort pools with a slide don't allow a parent to slide down with a toddler, the child has to go down alone. Here is a picture of the pool and then a better picture of the slide.
http://www.ourlaughingplace.com/asp...resortPix/gf/gfthemedpool.jpg&resId=GF&resort
http://www.ourlaughingplace.com/asp...tPix/gf/gfthemedpoolslide.jpg&resId=GF&resort
We did not feel that anything at this resort was too far away. We were in Boca Chica section and were very close to the boat dock to the MK. Also at night you can watch the Electrical Water Pageant on the beach. They also have a wonderful character breakfast with Mary Poppins, Pinocchio and others. Also at night they have a Pooh and friends character dinner. You can also rent a boat which we always like to do and DD just loved it. Oh, they have a Courtyard Parasol Parade Mon and Thurs at the courtyard at 8am "GF ladies twirl their way to work". They have a portrait artist in the lobby and a band that plays nightly. I also see on this "newspaper"there is an "adventure time" daily by the pool at 3:30 they play games or have a water balloon toss. We really had a wonderful time there with our DD. The GF is our favorite resort and there is alot to do here with a child. You will all love it! Hope this info helps and if you have any questions, I'd be happy to help.

Thanks for that info. I've seen that website and it has great pictures. I think my son will think he's died and gone to heaven when he sees the pool area. My DH and I were just saying yesterday that it''ll be hard to leave the GF to go to the parks there is so much to see and do. Only 5 months to go!

We just gor back from 9 nights at the GF. we were there from6/23-7/2 and we loved it. Our children are DD's 9 and 4 and Ds 7. I would echo everything said previous. The Boca Chica building was a great location and the zero entry pool with the waterfall would be perfect for a toddler. They can just wade in. The problem is that now we are spoiled and my Dh has already said that we are Definitely coming back. This from a guy who wasn't sure he even wanted to go to Disney. My kids also stayed at the Mousekeeter club while we went to Narcosees for dinner it was wonderful. The food and the atmosphere were perfect and at 10 pm they lower the lights,pipe in the music and you can watch the fireworks!! We even splurged and took the kids there later in the week. You will have a great time at the GF. Any questions just let me know. Nancy

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter