• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Grand Legacy - any recent stays?

Twinkletoesjohnson

Mouseketeer
Heading to DL 2/27-3/1 with my 2 adult daughters. I currently have a deluxe room reservation at Candy Cane Inn. There is some availability at the Grand Legacy for about the same price and I know it’s a bit closer than CCI. I stayed at the Legacy several years ago and had one of the worst stays ever - noisy and found several cockroaches in my room. I think they’ve remodeled since then so I’m wondering if anyone’s stayed there recently and what your stay was like? We’ll be fine at the CCI but since it’s such a short stay, I’m wondering if I’ll regret not being closer.

Also, what’s up with the availability in February? None of my favorites are available on weekends at all :( I figured it would be bad around Presidents Day but wasn’t expecting such slim pickings at the end of February!

Maybe I’m not remembering the location correctly. CCI always seems far away when I’m contemplating a mid-day break and have just missed the shuttle :) Thanks for the help!

Check Google Maps to see where the hotels are located in relation to each other. You might have to enlarge the map a few times (Google tends to leave major landmarks off the map until you enlarge it), but you should be able to see where the two hotels are on Harbor in relation to each other and to the parks.

Hi, I did a solo trip in September for five days. I stayed at the Grand Legacy in the cheapest room at the back of the property and had a great stay. The room was clean, there was no noise, the bed was fine (though I was so tired I probably could have slept on the floor with no issues), and I liked the snack bag - I wanted to sleep for as long as possible while aiming to be at the gates 40mins before opening, so picking up a snack bag suited me to a tee. The location was fantastic. I would head back during the day for a power nap and it didn't seem like I had to walk far at all. One time, I went to wash my clothes and stuffed up the timing. If I had waited until after the dryer finished, I would have missed my fastpass time for GOTG Monsters After Dark, so I walked over to DCA, went on the ride, walked back, took my clothes out of the dryer then walked back to the parks, no problem. I've stayed at Hojos, Park Vue and Best Western Park Place Inn because I prefer to be in walking distance to the parks. Based on location, facilities and value, I would thoroughly recommend the Grand Legacy.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter