Grand Legacy Opinions Needed

Just a quick update...My stay was for one night on Saturday, May 5 in a premier room. Just after I wrote the previous post, raw sewage backed up into our sinks...three times. It was disgusting...the smell was horrendous. I called the front desk and they quickly sent the maintenance person. He told us he didn't know why it happened, but the "acid" he put in the sink should fix it. Not feeling very reassured at this point. All in all, we stood outside our room for about 45 minutes. It was a huge hassle as this happened around 10pm. I then found a dirty sock under the bed. Just not ok. My experience with the front desk that followed was not a positive one. Excuses and no apology. They only offered to move me to the 4th floor with no assistance...no thank you, I'll take my chances, I guess. I asked to have the parking fee waived and parking for the entire next day. The employee told me he wasn't able to waive the $25 all day fee..what? So I asked to speak to the supervisor. He gave me a card and told me to call the next day. What? Another inconvenience? Finally, another gal came along and told him to just waive the fee. I walked away in disgust. Literally, disgusted. Upon checkout, I reiterated my experience to the front desk supervisor, who finally apologized but didn't offer me any compensation and I was tired of talking about it. Just crappy customer service. I won't return and I would NEVER recommend this hotel to anyone. Hopefully, my experience was a "one off" - but somehow, I doubt it.

just for reference, the walls are thin and floors thinner. We heard every (EVERY) movement in the room above us, as well as outside our door. There are better choices on Harbor!

We stayed there this week as well in a Deluxe, so midrange. Did you stay in the new wing? We had some loud neighbors above us too, but we stayed in the older section on the north end (one closest to Disneyland). I also couldn't believe parking! When people say it's limited, it's definitely limited.

Normally we don't have an issue with noise (you kind of get what you pay for with the cheaper motels in our experience with a couple exceptions, still frustrating nonetheless), because we can use the fan to drown out the noise. However, these fans shut off after a certain point - not because they are defective, just because it's part of "energy efficiency" so many hotels are going to now. Which made things fun when the upstairs neighbors started running back and forth beginning at 5:30 a.m. and continuing on until we left for rope drop and occasionally during the middle of the night.

Plus the valet/housekeeping/front desk staff weren't friendly. Out of all the hotels we've stayed at near Disneyland, the staff here was least friendly hands down. Like if you smile and say hello as you walked past, it won't be returned... The lady at the breakfast area was nice, but everyone else seemed like they didn't want to be there.

I don't want to give the appearance that we're nitpicking and I hate to give poor reviews to hotels, but I wanted to share our experience. The beds/pillows are fine. Lots of space in the rooms (minus the bathroom). The positive was the to-go breakfast bags (paper bag that contained bottle of water, cheese stick, apple, and Nature Valley crunchy granola bar) and the marketing department is good, but that's pretty much it.

Last edited:
It is usually the cheapest of the "across the street from DL" motels so that's why we have stayed their so often.

I've stayed at The Grand Legacy for years, since it was the Ramada. The hotel and staff have always been amazing. We usually stay in the Deluxe Rooms, and it is big enough for our family of four. The last three years we have gotten a roll away bed, since our kids our growing (14 and 12) and we still have space to move around. I miss the breakfast, it was basic but good, now they have a snack bag: a bottle of water, an apple, granola bar, and string cheese.

How are the beds at the Grand Legacy? We have reservations there next week staying in a Deluxe room. My mom has fibromyalgia and she needs a softer bed. On our last trip we stayed at the Tropicana as we normally do but they had changed their mattresses from super soft clouds to like rock hard and she was in so much pain the next day. We had to ask for extra pillows for her to make a padded mattress just so she would be in less pain to walk the parks each day.

How are the beds at the Grand Legacy? We have reservations there next week staying in a Deluxe room. My mom has fibromyalgia and she needs a softer bed. On our last trip we stayed at the Tropicana as we normally do but they had changed their mattresses from super soft clouds to like rock hard and she was in so much pain the next day. We had to ask for extra pillows for her to make a padded mattress just so she would be in less pain to walk the parks each day.

We just got back from our 4 night stay. The beds were pretty hard. We had a deluxe level room.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter