GRAND OPENING - GRAND CLOSING (Florida)

Here is another interesting peer-reviewed article. 455 persons were exposed to asymptomatic carriers, all tested negative for coronavirus. Perhaps asymptomatic spread isn’t as widespread as originally believed?

https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC7219423/
They've gone back and forth as far as this but a thing to keep in mind is mutations and time of study. The study was conducted back in January and February and in China. With the G mutation being a predominant world-wide strain (the Wuhan, China strain called the D strain) that is said to be much more infectious we would want to keep in mind early studies and ones that may not be as applicable. That's not to say there hasn't been question of transmission of asymptomatic patients and how prevalent that is.

One thing that would have been (and maybe there was some researchers already on this) IMO a good thing to study would have to have gone into the prisons where there often was a very (like overwhelming) percentage of asymptomatic patients but so many of the inmates tested positive especially because earlier on and even now prisons are with many inmates in very close quarters and not as much isolation that normally would occur in the outside world when you know people are testing positive.

Here is another interesting peer-reviewed article. 455 persons were exposed to asymptomatic carriers, all tested negative for coronavirus. Perhaps asymptomatic spread isn’t as widespread as originally believed?

Didn't the study state that the patient and family members wore masks? I'd guess the hospital staff did too?

A big reason someone is asymptomatic is they don't have high enough viral load in their systems, so yes it would be pretty easy for them to not spread as easy. If asymptomatic spread was so common with the high percentage that are we would be have far more cases than we even do. Not to say they can't, or they can't contribute in some way.

Didn't the study state that the patient and family members wore masks? I'd guess the hospital staff did too?
It does say that it also says (underlying mine):

"Above all, medical staffs abide by the principle of graded protection strictly. For patients and attendants, each patient can only be accompanied by one attendant, and both need to wear personal protective equipment (PPE). Nevertheless, there is still a risk of transmission of COVID-19 under stringent measures. Primarily, shortages of PPE were common in the early stages. Medical resources were supplied to healthcare workers priorly. Due to these factors, patients and attendants can only wear one mask for a long time, resulting in its ineffective. Besides, we noticed that some patients and relatives wore PPE incorrectly due to the lack of adequate training, which was also possible for hospital staffs. Last but not least, it is unavoidable to take off mask while eating or drinking, which provides an opportunity to spread the virus."

Definitely an observation, though I think the study was stating masks in the context of describing the parameters of their study not trying to study the effectiveness of mask usage at least it didn't seem that was the goal of their study. Here in the States (though elsewhere for sure) mask usage should for sure be used in conjunction with other measures because we all know there are people who are wearing them incorrectly, wear them for longer than they are supposed to and we of course know we take them off to eat and drink.

Is it your whole state of only Nashville? I've read that it is a top hotspot in the country
Whole state unfortunately, though Nashville is a huge hotspot as well as the other 3 major cities. Add in the tourist counties for Smoky Mountains and it’s a mess

Oh noes there are one directional aisles!!! What to do? What to do? Scott to bridge!!! The brain engines can't handle the strain..... It's gonna blow!!!! All hands abandon ship. Repeat All hands abandon... BOOOOOOOOOM!!!!!!

Not going to lie. It's an issue for me. I'm trying to get down that asile. But how do I do it? It's not as easy as it would seem. Walk over to the adjacent aisles but people are standing in the middle looking at goods. The other aisles is the same thing. This means I'm walking halfway across the store just so I can get down the aisle to grab the thing that I already knew I wanted. Or, since nobody is there can I just sneak in the wrong way, get it and go? I walk in with a plan. I know what I'm getting and I have an idea on where it's located. Some stores like walmart will even give us the location of the item we want online.

If you just follow those lines you could end up spending 3x the time and coming closer to 3x the people as you walk through the main isles trying to figure out how to make your way around the store. I'm not joking. At times attempts to separate us does the excat opposite. But I'm not out often. Maybe people who are have better ideas on how to handle it. I'm only there because it's urgent or it's something I can't arrange to have picked up for me.

Not going to lie. It's an issue for me. I'm trying to get down that asile. But how do I do it? It's not as easy as it would seem. Walk over to the adjacent aisles but people are standing in the middle looking at goods. The other aisles is the same thing. This means I'm walking halfway across the store just so I can get down the aisle to grab the thing that I already knew I wanted. Or, since nobody is there can I just sneak in the wrong way, get it and go? I walk in with a plan. I know what I'm getting and I have an idea on where it's located. Some stores like walmart will even give us the location of the item we want online.

If you just follow those lines you could end up spending 3x the time and coming closer to 3x the people as you walk through the main isles trying to figure out how to make your way around the store. I'm not joking. At times attempts to separate us does the excat opposite. But I'm not out often. Maybe people who are have better ideas on how to handle it. I'm only there because it's urgent or it's something I can't arrange to have picked up for me.
Or, you could just, you know, wait until people finish what they are getting off the shelf and they move away.

Or, you could just, you know, wait until people finish what they are getting off the shelf and they move away.

Wait where? On the ceiling? If I'm waiting in the walk way that means people will have to keep walking around me. I might be standing there waiting for the better part of 10 minutes or longer. Some people really like to take their time. Which is my whole point. At this time I'm exposing and being exposed by more people than I otherwise would have for following the signs.

Wait where? On the ceiling? If I'm waiting in the walk way that means people will have to keep walking around me. I might be standing there waiting for the better part of 10 minutes or longer. Some people really like to take their time. Which is my whole point. At this time I'm exposing and being exposed by more people than I otherwise would have for following the signs.

I would love to see any Walmart, Target, or grocery store where someone takes 10 minutes or longer looking at an item. I've been in quite a few stores with one-way aisles. It's really, really not at all difficult to maneuver around folks who are shopping.

Or make some tasty soylent green! I heard from my uncles best friends hairdressers cousin that the reason for all the food shortages is to get us all used to eating soylent green.

You really think that making a joke out of the deaths of 186 fellow human beings is funny? I think their grieving families might have a different perspective. Hell, I have a different perspective and I don't know anyone who has passed away from this horror.

I would love to see any Walmart, Target, or grocery store where someone takes 10 minutes or longer looking at an item. I've been in quite a few stores with one-way aisles. It's really, really not at all difficult to maneuver around folks who are shopping.

It happens all the time here. In fact had a friend like this. She didn't drive at the time. Taking her to the store meant a 2 hr trip. It's just the way she shops. Some people haven't altered this at all for covid.

have you looked at the numbers of how many die everyday of every year and many of them could be classified as preventable.
Yes that's true. At the same time things could have been done to prevent these deaths. Opening the economy slower, make masks mandatory, enforce social distancing by fining people who don't comply. Instead all I hear is excuses, excuses excuses on to justify opening.

It isn't a hard concept.

Not going to lie. It's an issue for me. I'm trying to get down that asile.

I shop sometimes at a grocery with the aisle markers and I am finding that most people just ignore them anyway. However - at least at the time of day I shop (or day of the week?) it isn't very crowded so I really don't care. I was strictly obeying the signs and I still try to do so but sometimes there's 5 people already in the aisle for my direction and no one in the next aisle (against the arrow) so ... I'd rather get in and out of that aisle. Of course sometimes I forget something - then do I walk back down the wrong way? I also have really bad knees so I really like to be as efficient as possible and not backtrack if I can help it.

At least for me personally, I'm super fine if someone is coming down the aisle towards me or wants to come from behind me and go around while I read a label or whatever. I find most people are very good about not stopping near me so I feel like that's the more important thing....as well as if an aisle is crowded just skip it and come back to it later if possible. YMMV kinda depends on how wide the aisles are, how big the store is, how many people are shopping, etc. I think overall the key is not to spend a lot of time around any one person inside if you can help it. If I was finding a lot of crowding I'd probably just go home and order online and do the pickup where they put it in my trunk. :flower1:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter