• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Grand Villa at OKW

Wislodgers

Mouseketeer
Is it ever possible to get a Grand Villa at the 7 month window? I am assuming that this is a laughable question...... We want to go with all our family one winter, we own at Wilderness and would be happy to stay there and get 3 studios, but the idea of all of us in a Grand Villa is very appealing. Our next choice will just have to be an add on at BCV to get into a Grand Villa!!

Yes, I can attest to this but it depends on when you are going. In mid August my DW decided it would be nice to make a quick trip in Oct for the MNSSHP using the DC member discount. She then thought we could save money using our points at OKW for a two bedroom (five of us going). Well everything was gone but the Grand Villa for Oct 19-21, which I took and went on the wait list for a two bedroom. Our first night (Oct 18) will be at the Animal Kingdom Lodge (Deluxe Savannah) followed by two nights in a Grand Villa for the five of us. Part of me hopes for the two bedroom to save points, and the other part of me can't wait to be in a Grand Villa for the first time. I thought I was spoiled before, now after this trip I may not be happy with a one or two bedroom.

Never say never! You may get the Grand Villa with a little luck.

FYI -- The Beach Club will not have Grand Villas either. The next Grand Villas will be at the Eagle Pine development.

Oh no! I thought I had read somewhere that BCV was going to have Grand Villas. Oh well, guess we will have to add on at EPV too!!!! Well we will give it a try next year, I figure we can reserve 3 studios at our 11 month window and then try for a Grand Villa, you never know until you try!!!!

The number of Grand Villas at OKW is at least 27, whereas Vero Beach and BWV only have 5 (Ibelieve). So it would seem your odds at OKW are better than at other resorts. Good Luck!

It used to be impossible to get a GV at any time at all unless you booked at 11 months and called day by day, real early in the morning to add another day. Now it seems that they have freed up considerably with the ending of the free passes. The only time that will be very difficult is the lower point seasons, unfortunately, you seem to be looking for winter, these are the times that are in greatest demand.

You can always buy an OKW resale. The lowest dues, lowest point schedule, largest units and the most "Welcome Homes" are all at OKW.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter