• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Grand Wailea Resort Hotel & Spa

mckryan

DIS Veteran
The new Member Clubhouse has that the Grand Wailea Resort Hotel & Spa has joined the Concierge Collection. Has anyone stayed here before? Their website looks beautiful! We'd love to use points to go to Hawaii, but I am not sure the Concierge Collection is the way to do it. Any thoughts?

I'm not sure about using points. Have you seen info on the point structure yet?

But we love the resort. We've stayed there several times and it is stunning. The views are beautiful, the rooms are huge and lovely, grounds are gorgeous.

It is a large resort but getting around is easy once you get familiar with it. A map is in the room info and it is helpful to get the layout of the resort in your head. But it is sort of if the Y&BC had half of the ends lopped off and stacked instead on to the cliff for higher wings. One huge , stunning lobby rotated 90 degrees and you have the basic layout. It makes for shorter walks to common areas than at Y&BC.

It is on my "places to see before I die" list but I don't think using points is the best value.

It looks stunning and it is great that there is another option now for Maui.

We were in Maui last summer. We did not stay at the Grand Wailea, but we spent some time visiting there, and fantasizing that we were staying there. It is absolutely gorgeous, and in a beautiful location. You really can't go wrong in this area. Maui is heaven on earth!

We stayed there a couple of years ago. Because of the cost we just stayed there 2 nights. While there, we concentrated on doing only the things at that resort and didn't do any other sight seeing. We loved the pools, grounds etc. This helped us justify the cost because it was our entertainment for 2 days also.

We honeymooned there and it is beautiful! When I read it is joing the collection I jumped for joy. But 73 points a night in low season is a stretch. We would have to bank + borrow to stay an entire week.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter