Grandson of former president passed away

The X Man

Earning My Ears
This story just boggles my mind. Lyon Gardiner Tyler Jr passed away at the age of 95. His grandfather John Tyler was president 1841-1845 and was born 230 years ago. Safe to say he never met his grandpa. Also Lyon’s great grandfather was good friends with Thomas Jefferson.He is survived by his younger brother Harrison Tyler. He’s only 92.

https://www.nytimes.com/2020/10/07/us/lyon-gardiner-tyler-jr-dead.html

Last edited:
People think I am lying when I tell them about this. And yes, it is amazing and mind boggling.

About 16 or so years ago DH & I visited Pres. Tyler's home outside of Williamsburg, VA. The guide told us about the 2 grandsons ( then in their late 70s) being alive. At first I think everyone thought she misspoke. Then she explained the family history.

I would have thought this was highly unlikely....before I married my husband. His grandfather was born in 1873 in Sicily. He emigrated to the United States when he was 37, married a 19 year old (some things never change), and they had six children. He fathered his sixth son, my father-in-law, when he was 59 years old. My father-in-law fathered my husband when he was 37, and is currently 89 years old. His mother is 87. It's within reason that my father-in law will live to age 100...he's in great shape. If my husband makes it that far, it will be 2070. Nearly 200 years from when his grandfather was born. Like Mr Tyler, my husband never met his own grandfather, he died just two years before my husband was born.

I agree with u as well! I don’t get it!?!? It died boggle my mind!! I can’t wrap my logic around it!

This story just boggles my mind. Lyon Gardiner Tyler Jr passed away at the age of 95. His grandfather John Tyler was president 1841-1845 and was born 230 years ago. Safe to say he never met his grandpa. Also Lyon’s great grandfather was good friends with Thomas Jefferson.He is survived by his younger brother Harrison Tyler. He’s only 92.

https://www.nytimes.com/2020/10/07/us/lyon-gardiner-tyler-jr-dead.html

I'm surprised I didn't hear about this since he lived very close to me. It's very interesting, thanks for sharing.

I have one for you: my maternal grandMOTHER was born in 1873. I'm female, and my youngest child is still in grade school.

OK, inquiring minds want to know...what's the background/timeline on that?

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter