Grape Pizza at Palo??

plaidpanda13

Earning My Ears
I know it was taken off the menu a couple years back, but I'm hearing mixed reviews as to it being a special request that the kitchen can still make. We'll be on the Magic next week and I have been craving it for years. Has anyone eaten at Palo recently and had the grape pizza?

we have asked and had it made....it just depends if they have the ingredients or not...

I know it was taken off the menu a couple years back, but I'm hearing mixed reviews as to it being a special request that the kitchen can still make. We'll be on the Magic next week and I have been craving it for years. Has anyone eaten at Palo recently and had the grape pizza?
As noted, if they have the ingredients, they'll typically make it for you. Not all that recent, but I had it on our cruise in 2016.

My server surprised me with making half my sausage one that (he did ask if I was "adventurous" and I said "As long as it's not fish..."). I had not had it...but I tried it and found that I was not a fan personally, so from now on, I'll politely ask them NOT to "surprise me" with it.

I'm probably the only person who doesn't like it (at least based on the gushing over it on here)...but while I like grape flavor - and WINE - I cannot do the texture of grapes. Them being hot made it a little better, but still. Not my thing.

Now, the strawberry soup on the other hand... They could surprise me with an IV of that and I'd be a happy, happy camper!!

Have had it many times, most recently last week on the Fantasy. I actually heard another server suggest it to the table next to us, who had never had it before.

If they say they don’t have the ingredients. I’m guessing they are lying to you. Just a polite way to say we are not making it.

I really enjoyed it when we went to Palo. If too many people liked it, I wonder why they took it off the menu especially if they are willing to make it.

I really enjoyed it when we went to Palo. If too many people liked it, I wonder why they took it off the menu especially if they are willing to make it.

Sometimes a corporate person comes to the ship and changes the menus, we have asked and we were told this. They like to refresh the menu, some thing get taken off.

Palo chefs do not like it when popular items are removed by higher ups for no reason.

Sometimes a corporate person comes to the ship and changes the menus, we have asked and we were told this. They like to refresh the menu, some thing get taken off.

Palo chefs do not like it when popular items are removed by higher ups for no reason.

I get wanting to change the menus, I do think they need to do this. I just don't understand getting rid of a popular item. Had it not been for all the rates and raves that I heard about that pizza here on DIS prior to going on my cruises, I would have never even dreamed of trying the item. At the time, that was a must have along with the chicken parm.

We have had it in the dream and wonder since they removed it from the menu.

We crave the strawberry soup. We told our server that we were sad that they took it off the menu. When we returned to our table after serving ourselves at the buffet stations, we were presented with two helpings of the soup. We were so excited to see it! This was on the Fantasy in in January. So they do try to fulfill your wishes if they can.

Awesome, I'll definitely ask for it when I'm there! Sounds like I'll have to try the strawberry soup as well. Thanks, everyone :)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter