• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Gratuities included?

tracyl921

Mouseketeer
Ok, I just got off the phone with Disney Reservations. We got the dining plan and I made ADR for our party of 8 for the week we'll be at WDW. The guy from Disney told me gratuities were not included in the dining plan at every restaurant. My question is (since he couldn't answer it), which restaurants don't include gratuity? Anyone out there get a bill for gratuities only? If it helps we're 5 adults, 2 kids (6,8) and one infant (who isn't being charged for the plan). Thanks for your help!

I believe the CM you spoke to was misinformed. Disney's brochure on the dining plan clearly states that tips are included. There has been no discussion of exceptions to this. You will only be expected to tip if you order meals to pay in cash or drinks not included in the plan (blinky light cubes, alcohol.) Have a great trip!

ar sit down restauarants, the servers are paid an 18 percent gratuity. I asked one of my servers at Le cellier if they really got that as a gratuity and she said yes. She said the waitresses love the dining plan because the average bill is very high and they get guranteed tips!

Certain restaurants are tipped on the amount disney allows them. For example, we ate at the Mayan Grill at Coronado Springs. The actual cost of our dinner was way over 100.00 for two adults and 1 child. Disney doesn't pay the actual cost of the meal, they only have a certain amount, like 70.00 or something. So the tip was on the 70.00. When my DH saw the bill, he asked if he could leave more tip on a credit card. Since we didn't buy anthing OOP, they couldnt do that. So dh left him extra cash, for a tip on the full cost of the meal. I think this happens at other restaurants also.
Just and FYI.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter