Gratuity is included with vouchers but....

sholtz77

Earning My Ears
I asked our server if gratuity was included in the voucher price. She said that it was and was very helpful in getting the most for our voucher (to increase her gratuity of course). But the included gratuity is only 15%. Todays standard is a little more than this, so dont be shy about leaving a few extra bucks for those servers who work so hard and do such a good job.

We always find a way to leave the server extra tip money- that 15% doesn't go far when you make less than minimum wage.

Maybe Disney pays more than the standard server's salary though (I hope).

I would hope so too, Flower, but I'm not going to hold my breath. I just habitually overtip. :)

Originally posted by *Flower*
Maybe Disney pays more than the standard server's salary though (I hope).

No, they don't. Servers at WDW make the standard Federal minimum for tipped positions, it's $2.65 an hour. (I think that's it, it actually might even be a touch less than that.)

Disney does not pay well except in a very few positions where they have to pay comenserate with the market in order to attract/retain employees, mostly in professional positions (legal, I/T, medical, etc.)

Anne

I guess that's why I keep tipping in addition to the voucher tip.

Thanks Anne!!

As a waitress for many years, I can say that at 2.65 an hour, most servers (in WDW or wherever) get no paycheck whatsoever. All of the hourly wage is taken out for taxes, based on the tips declared by the server. Some restaurants take a set percentage of the server's total sales for the week to determine what they made in tips, and take out taxes based on that figure. So if someone runs up a big bill and leaves a bad tip, the server pays twice. We bought vouchers for our upcoming trip, but will leave a tip anyway. Thanks for suggesting it to others!

Originally posted by ducklite
No, they don't. Servers at WDW make the standard Federal minimum for tipped positions, it's $2.65 an hour. (I think that's it, it actually might even be a touch less than that.)

Disney does not pay well except in a very few positions where they have to pay comenserate with the market in order to attract/retain employees, mostly in professional positions (legal, I/T, medical, etc.)

Anne

The standard federal minimum wage for tipped employees IS NOT $2.65 an hour...at least not here in Northwest FL. It's $2.13 and hour. I make more than that, but only because I'm a 3STAR CERTIFIED TRAINER, and my rate is only $2.48 an hour. :( I can't complain much though, because I did see a big difference in my paychecks when I got a raise. :D From my understanding only the southeast pays their tipped employees so little. When DH and I lived in Alaska, I was making minimum wage, which at that time was $4.25 an hour, plus tips. I got an extra .50 cents for working the graveyard shift. My mom tells me that in Cali, servers make minimum wage plus tips also, or something close to it. Much better than the $2.13 we have here.

From my understanding only the southeast pays their tipped employees so little.

In NH at both waitressing jobs I work I make $2.38/hr.:earseek: lol! In Charlotte NC I made $5/hr plus tips, but that was only because we could not keep employees!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter