Great rate at the Portofino

Peterd

DIS Veteran
Just booked Portofino garden view for $129 per night in Nov. (Friday and Saturday) with the Fan club rate. Has anyone tried the Loews upgrade at Portofino? It worked at Hard Rock in Feb. I was wondering what type of room they would upgrade us to.

I also got the $129.00 rate at Portofino for next weekend, but they told me it was a Florida residents rate (also GA,TN & MI). Yes, I've used the upgrade at PBH several times, we have been upgraded from standard garden view to Bay view or pool view & have gotten nice villa rooms twice. I have also gotten our bottle of wine sent to the room w/o asking. At HRH we didn't get the upgrade or wine. I think it depends on who is at the front, how busy they are ect.. Lot's of great specials right now check the other threads. On a bad note they have closed the Thirsty Fish @ PBH due to lack of business.

I also booked the Portofino for that rate because I live in Georgia. Maybe I can play up the Loew's card also... who knows?

I'm going the first week in January. I was told these rooms are going fast.

CPM, when you got the bottle of wine at PBH, had you booked through Loews? Last year, I booked PBH through Universal, and they told us at checkin that we'd only get Loews benefits if we booked through Loews.

Originally posted by MaryAnnDVC
CPM, when you got the bottle of wine at PBH, had you booked through Loews? Last year, I booked PBH through Universal, and they told us at checkin that we'd only get Loews benefits if we booked through Loews.

Yes, I always book through Loews. I was also told by Universal that when you get a discounted room you don't get Loews benefits, but we've gotten the Loews benefits every time and have had a discounted room every time.

WE booked through AAA and were given our Loew's perk with no problem. We were told we wouldn't get points on our Loew's First account since we didn't book through Loew's.

I booked through Universal and received our Loew's perk. It was also at a discounted rate so I agree it probably depends on who's working the desk.

Ok, this is my first post and I am new here to the boards. What is the Loews card, where do I get it and what are the perks? Thanks, I think I am already addicted to this board.:p

Welcome christienc :)

Here is the link that will answer your questions...sign up its free!
Loews Hotel

This board is addicting and great fun too:)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter