• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Great Running Video

On the rare occasion that I am having a hard time getting out the door, I do a version of this. I tell myself, just go 1 mile. When I get to the turn around point at 0.5 mile, I usually can talk myself into another half mile. Now my run is up to 2 miles if I turn around. Then I do it again. By the 3rd of these, I am far enough into my run that I just decide, well I’ve gone this far, I might as well finish whatever the plan called for. I would say 90% of the time, I end up doing my full run. Only a handful of times have I ever gotten to the 1 mile turnaround and thought, yep, that’s it for today and headed back. But, if that’s how I feel, I turn around.

On the rare occasion that I am having a hard time getting out the door, I do a version of this. I tell myself, just go 1 mile. When I get to the turn around point at 0.5 mile, I usually can talk myself into another half mile. Now my run is up to 2 miles if I turn around. Then I do it again. By the 3rd of these, I am far enough into my run that I just decide, well I’ve gone this far, I might as well finish whatever the plan called for. I would say 90% of the time, I end up doing my full run. Only a handful of times have I ever gotten to the 1 mile turnaround and thought, yep, that’s it for today and headed back. But, if that’s how I feel, I turn around.

Better to do a short run than no run at all. That's my mindset right now.

This fits well with my other motto - “never judge a run by the 1st mile.”

I totally agree with this! My runs in the last few months have started out not the greatest, but the further I go, usually my runs get much better than they start out.

This works for me a lot. I tell myself to go out and get started. I can just do a short run/workout. Usually once I get started I feel better and keep going. Some of my best runs were days I didn't even want to do it.

Haha. I thought about this video at 4:20am this morning when I wanted to go back to sleep. I got up anyway, set out on my run, went 1 mile....and stopped. I just wasn't feeling it this morning, but at least I went a mile! 🤣

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter