Great surprise news show today!

I missed the live but lm watching now. Great to see a live show via zoom. What a surprise to see a new face, a UK young woman who has children, is DVC and goes to Disneyland Paris. Love that Craig mentioned the trip to California and that he now understands travelling with a child. And how the conversation went into about going to the parks with a stroller. Thats what people have been suggesting, the voice thats been lacking. So refreshing hearing her give the non local view about a closure, Also love the conversations about Disneyland Paris, from someone who has actually been there.

A small step in the right direction, thats whats needed right now, little by little , try new things, and see what works and the confidence and creativity will grow.

@Teleclashter - if you travel with your son out to CA again, consider not bringing a stroller with you for the airport and renting one from a local company in Anaheim. We've rented from City Stroller Rentals. No need to struggle with getting it through the airport or in a rental car! When DD was little enough, we used a baby wearing harness in the airport (beco Gemini at the time). When she got a bit too big for wearing her, we just brought a car seat for her (we used it for her on the plan), and we got the roller cart so we could roll that through the airport. It truly made things so much simpler to not have to deal with the stroller in the airport

@Teleclashter - if you travel with your son out to CA again, consider not bringing a stroller with you for the airport and renting one from a local company in Anaheim. We've rented from City Stroller Rentals. No need to struggle with getting it through the airport or in a rental car! When DD was little enough, we used a baby wearing harness in the airport (beco Gemini at the time). When she got a bit too big for wearing her, we just brought a car seat for her (we used it for her on the plan), and we got the roller cart so we could roll that through the airport. It truly made things so much simpler to not have to deal with the stroller in the airport

Also, on this note, I though it was cute how Craig thinks he lost the umbrella stroller fight. He didn't. The baby is still too young for those. As he gets older, they will find different strollers work better. By the next trip to Disneyland, a good quality umbrella stroller will be more appropriate.

Last edited:
Oh wow I remember when the 5 grandkids were young ..2 strollers ..one a double, carseats on the plane...it's safer...diapers,formula ,the youngest was 6 mths...oldest 8....4 parents and us....they are now all adults...26,27,28, 30, and 34...they still love Disney..we go every year...Boardwalk forever!!

Loved the new show today and thank you for inviting a special guest with a completely different perspective. Would certainly like to see Mariana again. It is so nice to hear a fresh face talk about the parks rather than old timers drone on about cruising or DVC.

We literally drove 22 hours from home every single Disney trip when our kids were young - just so we didn't have to deal with airports with a baby / car rentals / stroller rentals, lugging car seats, etc. It honestly seemed easier that way. 🤣
We have been doing the same since our kids were 2-3. (they are 21 and 15 now)! 16 hours one way from PA. Started as we did not want to deal with taking all the stuff on the plane or the airport hassles. Still doing it as the drive has become part of the vacation and with the money we save on airfare\rentals etc. we extend the trip 5-6 days.......:P

We have been doing the same since our kids were 2-3. (they are 21 and 15 now)! 16 hours one way from PA. Started as we did not want to deal with taking all the stuff on the plane or the airport hassles. Still doing it as the drive has become part of the vacation and with the money we save on airfare\rentals etc. we extend the trip 5-6 days.......:P
It's true that it's so much cheaper! We're from Canada, so our flights are outrageously priced to Orlando. Honestly, the kids loved the drive. It helped build anticipation. We would stay at a hotel halfway and enjoy a swim / sleep / free breakfast. It was so nice to not have to worry about packing light for the airplane.

It's true that it's so much cheaper! We're from Canada, so our flights are outrageously priced to Orlando. Honestly, the kids loved the drive. It helped build anticipation. We would stay at a hotel halfway and enjoy a swim / sleep / free breakfast. It was so nice to not have to worry about packing light for the airplane.
This is us! A little closer mileage wise but same experience overall! 😊

Just wanted to say to Craig that you sounded relaxed in a way I hadn't heard before. I used to kind of wonder if you actually liked your job (lol, had no idea) but I heard the joy come through today. Happy for everyone moving forward. Thanks.

It was a nice surprise to see the podcast pop up today. I do have a question. Who is Marianna? When a brand new person shows up it would be helpful to introduce them. How did she come to be on the show?

From what i heard, they asked the Patreon folks and she volunteered. She was from the UK.
Oh yeah! I remember them asking if anyone would be around for a few hours for a live show. I guess I misinterpreted what they meant. Plus, I was busy.

Really, really enjoyed the show. Was a good, informal discussion on the a few news topics. Very much enjoyed a fresh, new perspective w Mariana. Hope they'll invite her back to share more perspectives. as well as inviting other guests. Agree it would be good to have more introduction, and also more questions to get her, and future guest contributors, into the discussion. They may not know how much to interject, or when, etc. She did a wonderful job. Have always enjoyed when Craig and Ryno have episodes like this, most of the Universal shows are their back and forth opinions, and I'm looking forward to more! Please keep up the great work!

I want Craig and Reno to know how pleased I was to hear this new show. I kept thinking “they’re keeping it KISS” it just seemed more focused, more drilled to why all of us were drawn to this site and shows from the beginning. Very pleased indeed.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter