Great unknown tips or secrets!

We thought nothing of it- but decided to just go to the pools anyway since we weren't really starving or anything (more like we just wanted to see if they had something we wanted- particularly dessert). I had no idea they might be fibbing about PC being full. I do have to wonder why they'd say that when it's not true and why they'd try so hard to direct everyone to topsiders instead. Weird.

My personal guess is because they have to turn PC around and have it ready for dinner. Less guests in PC means less clean up before resetting the tables for dinner at 5:45pm.

does anyone have these tips in a spreadsheet already? or am I gonna have to stop being lazy and type them myself..lol:surfweb:

If you or your child are not feeling well, and are stuck/confined to the room for the day and you do not like what is playing on the schedule, request a VCR and a list of movies and they will come hook it up for you and bring the movies.

Thanks this really helps for my DM who get sea sick sometimes! I'll let her know about this tip! :cool1:

I prefer Parrot Cay too. On our last 2 cruises the greeter told us they were full and to go to Topsiders. I told them we had family already in there (which ok was a lie, but I wanted to eat at PC!). They let us in and it wasn't full at all. (both times!).

I've done exactly the same on two occasions.;) It's never full.

David

I have lots of tips in Excel form I would be happy to email anyone. Just PM me. I only wrote down the tips that I would use. I will be a first time Disney cruiser on Wonder Nov. 25-Dec. 2 2012! WHOOP! :banana:

If you are staying close to the mid-ship elevators, take a stroll to forward or aft sets....this will be less congested for you. :dance3:

Thanks for all the great tips! My personal favorite is to remember to pack swimsuits in your day bag for embarkation day - and also, try to get up early one morning to go up on deck when it is quiet - it's beautiful!

Fabreeze travel size is great to spray on clothes you have to wear a second time. A waterproof watch is a must also for castaway cay and pools.

For all those who don't want to be bothered with kids, take a Disney cruise! They are so busy and happy,they don't even want to be with the adults! Disney does the magic to all the kids! It's rare to see an unhappy,whining child and you may be surprised that you actually enjoy watching them have so much fun.

Use a 'runner' whenever possible - especially when you have smaller children in tow...

examples....

After the 'boat drill' - one parent can usher the kids upstairs to stake out a spot for the sailaway party while the 'runner' takes all of the life vests back to the cabin.

Other opportunities would be with the buffet lines -- one person can make a sampler tray and just stack empty plates underneath. Add extra silverware and head to the family either at the table or in the cabin... Even if you had to make two trips, the errand is 10 times faster without little ones scrambling around....it just is. :rolleyes1

This isn't a problem at all now that you don't have to take the life jackets with you to the drill.

I always hated the knots in my hair after getting out of the salt water for excursions because you often have awhile before you can get to fresh water and yanking them out just hurts. Someone told me to carry a little detangler with me around salt water - it works great.
Will try this too!

I always hated the knots in my hair after getting out of the salt water for excursions because you often have awhile before you can get to fresh water and yanking them out just hurts. Someone told me to carry a little detangler with me around salt water - it works great.

Will try this.

If you are headed to Nassau Bahamas be sure to check out the nightly rate at the Comfort Suites Paradise Island. It is right across the street. If you reserve at this hotel you have full access at Atlantis for the Day. Take a cab from the ship to the hotel, check in get your wristbands and check out. It is approx $230 for 4 people - we had five in our group and they gave us the extra band. This saved us lots of $$. Had a great day! There is no worry that they will run of day passes if you wait to purchase when you get to Nassau.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

Latest posts

facebook twitter