Greetings From Hoth!

Jeff in BigD

Oldschool DISer
Dude, there's this strange white stuff falling from the sky...
fc967673.jpg

That white blury stuff is a combination of snow, sleet & freezing rain.
fc967671.jpg

Take a look at the speedometer...I'm not stopped either - it's a 65mph area & I'm going so slow it shows up as zero.
fc96766e.jpg

My black Honda (to the right) is soon to be white! :eek:
fc967667.jpg

Ugh, you guys in the north can have this stuff back! :mad:

Jeff,

We've been trying to get our Yankee friends to take it back, but they won't!!!

Stay warm, and stay off the roads- okay big guy?:p

Sorry Jeff! :(

Consider it a 'freebie'! No need to payback. :teeth:

LOL, I've had enough, you can keep it.

That is a riot... be careful!!!

PS: Check out SSB's hometown above... haha! :)

We just wanted to share with y'all. Hope you are enjoying! :teeth:

**Seriously, be careful, this stuff is NOT funny to drive in, especially when you are not used to it.

I'll bet there were lots of fender benders in BigD tonight.

I hate snow, too.

Greetings From Hoth!
Drat! Now where did I park my tauntaun??? :confused: :p

It took DW 3 hours to drive home tonight and the hardest part was going up the driveway into the garage. :p LOL! The rest of the drive was just slow. This is the kind of weather that makes me *soooooooo* glad I telecommute!!! :teeth:

Originally posted by debster812

**Seriously, be careful, this stuff is NOT funny to drive in, especially when you are not used to it.

This stuff is not fun even if you are used to it. We had 200 accidents last week in one day. Be careful.

<font color=navy>OMgosh - I actually knew what you meant as soon as I read the title of your thread.... :o

Awwww, California -- sunshine & In N Out burgers :p ;)

Seriously, though - Please be careful in that, Jeff.

Jeff... have they said how long it is supposed to last? I have to drive to Oklahoma tomorrow and will be passing through Dallas around lunchtime.

You are not alone, Jeff. Austin is shut down this morning. There is ice everywhere. It took Mandy 3 hours to drive home from Austin to Round Rock yesterday (normally a 30 minute trip).

Grog,

Have you checked conditions at your destination in Oklahoma? Sounds like parts of OK got iced over even worse than we did.

Looking outside right now, and with freezing rain in the forecast for later, I can't imagine trying to drive any distance for the next couple of days.

Grog, please be really careful if you attempt the drive. You might want to be sure you have some cold weather supplies in the car in case you get stuck somewhere: blankets, coats, food, water, fully charged cell phone. (You probably don't often think about these things when you live in Houston!)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter