• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Grocery Delivery at WDW?

CrazyDuck

DIS Veteran
Going to our first ever trip to WDW as DVC owners. We'll be there for 2 weeks and plan on having groceries delivered to our room a couple of times. I'm not sure exactly how to go about that? Is there a specific store or site that I have to order groceries from? Thanks. Sorry not sure if this question is in the right place. I figure only DVC peeps order groceries, so I didn't bother posting on that main WDW boards. Mods can move it if there is a more appropriate place! ;)

Although you can order some things through DVC, most seem to use Garden Grocer or WeGo Shop outside services.

My family used We Go Shop. They were very nice and were able to get us most of what we ordered. However, it seemed very expensive to me. If you have a car, I would just go to the Walmart. If not. you might even consider a car rental for a day just to go to the beach and shop on the way back. We have done that.

We are here now and ordered from Garden Grocer...the money we saved on buying three cases of water from them rather than in the parks paid for all of our breakfast and snack groceries for a week, including those costly water bottles. Order 60 days out or more and you save 10%. Also, our groceries arrived before our room was ready so bell hop stored them in refrigerator and freezer until our room was ready and delivered them right to us!

just used garden grocer for the first time last month and WOW i will use them evry time for now on... They rule even have an app

Also a big garden grocer fan; haven't ever heard anything negative about Wegoshop.

The one functional difference I am aware between the two services is only relevant if you plan to order alcohol. If you do, Garden Grocer allows you to email in a copy of your ID, and they accept that as proof of age. Thus they will deliver your purchases to bell services without you having to meet them. Whereas Wegoshop will require an in-person ID check, so you have to be present at the resort to receive the groceries.

As I like to have the groceries delivered while my family is out enjoying the parks, a bell services drop off is much more convenient. I'd rather spend my vacation vacationing, rather than grocery shopping or waiting around for someone to arrive from the market on my behalf.

just used garden grocer for the first time last month and WOW i will use them evry time for now on... They rule even have an app

Thanks for sharing that they have an app! We used GG years ago and are headed to WDW in a few weeks. The app looks very easy to use :)

We rent a car for a day and shop where we want, when we want. We have used the different services and after paying inflated prices, delivery fee, tip to driver and tip to Bell Services, we actually save with the one day rental.

:earsboy: Bill

:confused3 Looks pretty normal to me!

It depends on what you order and what you are used to paying. They buy popular items in bulk at a discount, other items they go out and buy for your order. Some of our items they purchased at Target, marked the price up and sold it to us. We had a small roast that according to the package sticker was marked up $10.

They are in business to make money so the profit comes from somewhere.

:earsboy: Bill

I like wegoshop. They charge a delivery fee but they give me the store receipt so there is no Mark up.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter