Grocery Delivery suggestion

I've used walmart and has issues. Like Tue night at 10 pm, they have the item, at 9 am delivery, item gone. And no sub. Some were really dumb. Order 5 oz paper cups. No subs. There are no other paper cups in the store?????

However, good prices, so pick which you'd rather have. Missing an item or two, or spend more cash.

I've had good experiences with Instacart (I've only ordered from Publix but you can choose other stores as well), Amazon Fresh and Garden Grocer. My go to for our last few trips and probably going forward is Instacart. Others in the past have also mentioned Shipt from Target and had good experiences, so you have lots of options.

Just posted this on FB and I feel compelled to spread the word. After years of using Instacart and recommending them, they have failed miserably on our last 3 or 4 attempts—cancelled our orders with no explanation, no notice. We sat waiting and only found out they were cancelled when we checked to see the status on the app. Instacart is dead to me. Last week I ended up taking Lyft to Publix and shopping myself, and came out ahead. Even with “free” delivery, Instacart’s additional fees + higher-than-in-store prices + tip added up to more than Lyft. The whole mission from SSR and back took 1 hour. Bonus: Publix has a decent selection of cheap Disney souvenirs!

Just posted this on FB and I feel compelled to spread the word. After years of using Instacart and recommending them, they have failed miserably on our last 3 or 4 attempts—cancelled our orders with no explanation, no notice. We sat waiting and only found out they were cancelled when we checked to see the status on the app. Instacart is dead to me. Last week I ended up taking Lyft to Publix and shopping myself, and came out ahead. Even with “free” delivery, Instacart’s additional fees + higher-than-in-store prices + tip added up to more than Lyft. The whole mission from SSR and back took 1 hour. Bonus: Publix has a decent selection of cheap Disney souvenirs!

Do you Lyft to Publix, then take another Lyft back to your resort?

Here in Wales I used Tesco's supermarket they were good with delivery. I'm not sure about the supermarket stores delivery near Disney, Universal etc in Florida because I've had no experience from ordering delivery in Florida when I go to Florida I normally go to Mcdonald's, fish and chips and kebab takeaways. From the reviews above on this thread I could see 1 or 2 positive feedback and most of them negative feedback.

Do you Lyft to Publix, then take another Lyft back to your resort?
Lyft is not going to wait while you shop. They would drop you off at Publix, then you would request another Lyft when you are done shopping and ready to return to your hotel.

What does Lyft cost?
It was less than $10 each way, plus tip. Even with “free“ delivery from Instacart, Lyft was less because Instacart charges more than the in-store prices for the groceries and they tack on several additional charges—service fee, heavy items fee, etc.

Which Publix did you go to ?
I was staying at Saratoga Springs so I Googled the Publix closest to my resort and came up with the one at Regency Village Shopping Center, 8145 Vineland Ave. There may be others closer to other resorts.

Instacart for us every trip and never had an issue. Place the order in the morning of our arrival day and meet the driver at the front of our building(we stay SSR most trips) and order beers.

Any new changes with ordering groceries and having them delivered to Bell services? I thought I read at one time, Bell services didn't take walmart orders cause they use such cheap bags.

Just thought if you order groceries to be delivered 7 pm, but plane delays, traffic issues, etc, and you don't get to resort until 8.

ETA.... several days later.......since no one has commented, I guess it's not a thing.

Last edited:
I had great experiences with Walmart, substitutes were fine. They don't substitute for alcohol, so choose wisely something that should be in stock.

The app is good at showing you when it is arriving, because you have to show ID for alcohol. I bring down a stroller, you could use a suitcase or I guess get Bell Services to help you.

Is there an Amazon Fresh close enough that would deliver to Disney Resorts via Amazon Prime? That's an option.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter