Grocery Delivery

chloelovesdisney

DIS Veteran
We've always gotten a GardenGrocer order delivered to our resort but there seem to be so many more options now. Ideally I'd like to get bottled water, snacks and fruit. What service is everyone using these days?

I probably won't be much help. We were faithful Garden Grocer customers up until our last trip when I used Prime Now. Of course I don't know if you are a Prime Member; but a YouTuber I follow used it for a trip and it looked like it went really well. You can order with much shorter notice and get your stuff in 2 or 3 hours. It's free delivery if you order $35 worth of stuff. The tip is added for the driver, it's usually $5.00 depending on the price of your order.

Garden Grocer has always been great. Prime Now was great. I built my cart, then once we were sure of our departure time at the airport, I put in the arrival window and placed the order through the app on my phone. I use Prime Now at home as well at times and the only thing is there are times when what I want isn't in stock; but that is rare. Probably wouldn't have that issue with Garden Grocer though. I know with Garden Grocer if I only want a few things and my order will be less than a certain amount, I'm not likely to use them because you have to order a certain amount for free delivery and it's pretty high last I checked. Our last trip was much shorter than our previous ones so Prime Now was perfect. This trip we will be back to our usually week plus length of stay but I think we will still get breakfast items, snacks, bottled water and other drinks.

Interested in feedback as well. I see that Safeway is now available with a code for free delivery and generally cheaper prices/ better selection than either Garden Grocer or Prime Now. I'm curious about actual experiences.

We usually go through Garden Grocer but we are getting a rental this time, so we will make a stop at walmart or target or (insert grocery store close to our timeshare here)

Garden Grocer has a HIGH amount to get free delievery, but we have always been happy with what we have ordered. Last trip, they forgot one jar of salsa, and when they called, they had it to our resort in under an hour with an extra jar and an extra bag of chips - not necesary, but good for customer service.

We have used safeway 3 times now. I have no intention to go back to garden grocer. Prices are much cheaper. They have been on time and my orders have been correct each time we ordered. I highly recommend them.

We have used safeway 3 times now. I have no intention to go back to garden grocer. Prices are much cheaper. They have been on time and my orders have been correct each time we ordered. I highly recommend them.

How did they pack cold and frozens? Were they in a separate bag or marked in such a way that bells services knew what needed to go in the fridge?

Was Prime Now as user-friendly and fluid on the delivery end as garden grocers? Did you have to be there? If so, did they deliver to your room or lobby area?

I was planning on trying Safeway for our trip in two weeks, but received an email today stating that no longer make deliveries to this area. Am I the only one that received this message? Just to make sure I tried to book my arrival date and it is no longer an option.

I was planning on trying Safeway for our trip in two weeks, but received an email today stating that no longer make deliveries to this area. Am I the only one that received this message? Just to make sure I tried to book my arrival date and it is no longer an option.

When I look now, it accepts 32830 as a delivery zip code and will let me select any date up through 7/23. That being said, I've seen comments like yours in other grocery delivery threads while doing my research. I wonder why some people are having trouble and others aren't...

We used Prime Now earlier this month on property. I waited by the valet for the delivery. You can follow their drive on your phone to avoid a long wait. My driver was wonderful.

Was Prime Now as user-friendly and fluid on the delivery end as garden grocers? Did you have to be there? If so, did they deliver to your room or lobby area?

We used it last year. I built my cart during our travel day while we were still at home. I just put in the zip code then address of our resort. The resort is actually still in my list of address choices now almost a year later. Then once we were checked in at the airport and sure of our departure time, I chose the delivery window and placed the order on the app. Probably 20 minutes or so before we boarded. Now we did have a non-stop flight and our flight is less than 2 hours to Orlando. It was waiting in the room when we arrived. I did not order any alcohol. I hear that makes a difference as far as if you have to be there or not.

Some people I think also wait until they get to the resort to do their Prime Now order and that works well too; but our flight got in around 9 pm and some of the items on my list were breakfast items for the next morning.

I used Prime Now in May, very convenient and easy to use. Also, if you are a frequent Amazon prime customer, there is an option now to delay shipping (as in, not take advantage of 2 day free Prime shipping) and you can get credits in exchange for choosing slower shipping. I have about $40 worth of Prime Now credits just from doing that and I've found the delivery dates are maybe only a day or two slower than the 2 day prime.

I used Prime Now in April and have a order set up for our upcoming trip as well. We were Garden Grocer people up until then, but Prime Now was less expensive.

The only issue I had the first time was items kept disappearing from my order due to lack of inventory. I made the order several weeks in advance so I could just hit order right before we left. I kept tweaking it. However, for this trip, I also made it several weeks in advance and nothing has disappeared. I'm think that it is becoming a more popular option so the inventory is being kept up.

All of our cold items were kept cold. We ordered things like milk, juice and frozen pancakes. No issues with anything.

Was the fruit fresh with Prime Now? We usually use GG but I would be willing to try Prime Now if the quality was the same.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter