Grocery delivery

lizzyb

DIS Veteran
What grocery delivery serice is everyone using theses days? We have previously used Garden Grocer but the prices are high. We are looking for mostly breakfast items and some drinks and snacks.

I used Walmart. There are videos online on how to properly fill out the form, with instructions to leave at bell service. For each item, you can choose no substitution, the alternative or any close product.

We tried Instacart during one covid stay and found the upcharge way too much and the subs situation not great. Cost us over $100 more than the same stop DIY. We've gone back to just doing a grocery stop with the car service and buying stuff ourselves. Far less expensive and you get to pick what you want in person. Walmart, as @flav noted might be a better option than Instacart. That's what we would try if we ever did a delivery service again.

We were big fans of Garden Grocer, but the price and lack of selection (no Costco) eventually led us to InstaCart 3 or 4 years ago. I have also activated 14 days of free delivery just before our trips by joining InstaCart+ and then canceling the membership right after the trip before the first fees are due. The free 14 days seem to come back every year :-).

I've done Garden Grocer, Dizzy Dolphin, Instacart, and most recently Vacation Grocery Delivery on the recommendation on one of the DVC forums here.

If I had to pick I'd go with either Instacart is you have the time to wait around or VGD if you don't and just want things delivered; I suspect VGD is the least expensive option (especially if you're ordering alcohol) as they charge a flat rate delivery and then just what Publix charges on top.

Sam's club cannot be topped for my area in my opinion. We get at least two shipments a month from them.

We do hello fresh for two meals a week, and stop by a local fruit veggie stand occasionally to supplement with fresh produce. This works well for us. Right now all the local fresh produce is pretty darn incredible. Got some locally grown squash, zucchini, and a watermelon yesterday.

I am pretty simple though. A small charcuterie board and a glass of wine is a great nightly meal in my eyes.

We are en route. Tried to place a WalMart order today. It took 3 different (Canadian) credit cards to finally get it accepted. It was cancelled within 10 minutes and they hold a charge in your card. We are now starting our vacation with a huge dent in our card while we wait for a refund. And we have no groceries being delivered.

We are en route. Tried to place a WalMart order today. It took 3 different (Canadian) credit cards to finally get it accepted. It was cancelled within 10 minutes and they hold a charge in your card. We are now starting our vacation with a huge dent in our card while we wait for a refund. And we have no groceries being delivered.
Yikes, what kind of card was it? We had no issues with a BOM Mastercard 3 times last year. Wonder if something changed? Was it walmart that cancelled or was it your cc company thinking it was fraud?

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter