• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

grocery service

zorbasfam

Earning My Ears
Hi,
Has anyone used the grocery service offered at wdw or one of the others.
We'll be traveling in March with our 2 year old and would prefer to get diapers etc. delivered instead of wasting the packing room. Any comments or suggestions? We aren't renting a car so we can't stop. Thtanks for all your help.

used

www.wegoshop.com - great service

but for your stuff - just go to the local walmart or target and ship it to your DVC. (put the hotel, address - then your name, reservation number, when you are arriving)

We used gardengrocer.com on our trip in January. It's $10 for delivery to the resort (you select your items online on their site), but if your order is over $200 it's free delivery. Just as an indicator of quality, I thought I would mention we ordered bananas, and they were perfect - I could not have picked out more perfect ones if I had been in the store myself. Prices are quite a bit better than you would find at the resorts - probably Walmart prices would be better, but then you need a car or to pay shipping.
We were at VWL and I called Bell Services a couple of times after we were in the villa to check whether the groceries had arrived - they said no. Called gardengrocer using the number on my confirmation - left a voice mail (it was January 1 btw). In just a few minutes someone called me back. They provided me with the exact time they had delivered, told me which shelf in Bell Services and the exact number of bags (and how many were in the refrigerator too). I called back to Bell Services with this info, and in about 5 minutes they showed up at our villa with the groceries. They had been there the whole time! Great service!

We used the DVC shopping on our first stay. It was nice having everything placed in our room for us while we were out, but I won't do it again. The items were from the store in the lobby (a little overpriced). I could have gotten the items myself and it wouldn't have taken that much time to do it. On our latest visit we used wegoshop and I loved it. I will definately use it again.

We always tend to over buy groceries when we are down.

I think we are going to use DVC shopping next time and see how it works.

The only thing is that beer is about 12 bucks a six pack. Ugh.

The other items while a little pricey beats the heck out of going to the store (which we have done).

We have used wegoshop and Marge was very nice. I would recommend her for those who are thinking of trying it.

Another vote for Garden Grocer. We were very pleased with the service. :thumbsup2

We used the DVC service at OKW on our recent trip. Prices were fair and not only do they deliver, but they put everything away for you, so you do not need to be in your room when the groceries are delivered, a big plus in my book.:goodvibes

thank you to all for your help. These boards are great for information.. don't know what I would do without them.

We also vote for gardengrocer...I have my third order placed for this summer. We were more than pleased with their service. It was fantastic!

have fun,
Esmerelda

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter