• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Grocery Store somewhere between BCV and BLT?

jlovesee

DIS Veteran
Hi All,
So we are coming down next week for WDW Marathon weekend, and are staying at BCV for 2 nights before we move to BLT for 9 nights. We are hoping to do a quick grocery run between moving between the two, we are staying in a studio so we don't need a whole lot (bagels, milk, cereal, etc),but don't want to pay Disney prices, plus we like the larger selection.

I have considered Garden Grocer... but what can I say I am cheap. (atleast when i am NOT at Disney) Thanks in advance!

Jennifer

If you rent a car or want to use a Taxi, it is a short ride out to the local Walmart - probably the best you can do to get what you want.

For so few items, just pack (can put in carry on if no luggage room) bagels and cereal, and buy milk/juice/etc. The cost to rent a car or a taxi far outweighs the markup for these few items on property.

We always rent a car from MCO (maybe price that out for the duration of the trip)...so much nicer than using Disney transportation, and hit the closest Publix. I am a fan of their Boars Head subs in the deli.

If you have a Costco membership, I have recently found the best discounts there for car rental

If you have a rental car, then my recommendation is the Publix on Vineland:

8145 Vineland Ave
Orlando, FL 32821

We were there just last week, and once again I was really impressed by what a great grocery store Publix is.

If you don't have a rental car, then just paying Disney's prices is probably your best bet. You might end up paying $10 more, but there's no way to get to any normal grocery store for $10 unless you have a car.

You can find some of what you want at the Hess station near Boardwalk, which has an AM/PM style mini-market, so you could conceivably walk over to that by walking around the lake to Boardwalk, up the stairs, through the parking lot, and across the street to the Hess. That's going to be more expensive than Publix, but (probably) cheaper than the food store at BCV or BLT. I don't know how good their selection is, but probably somewhat better than the Disney stores.

I should have mentioned we will be renting a car. So many times I have considering relying on Disney transportation, but I can't make myself do it.

Probably will try Publix, we have been to the Hess many times in the past, not entirely happy with the selection there, good for cokes and such but that's about it.

Thanks for the info!

Jennifer

Hi All,
So we are coming down next week for WDW Marathon weekend, and are staying at BCV for 2 nights before we move to BLT for 9 nights. We are hoping to do a quick grocery run between moving between the two, we are staying in a studio so we don't need a whole lot (bagels, milk, cereal, etc),but don't want to pay Disney prices, plus we like the larger selection.

I have considered Garden Grocer... but what can I say I am cheap. (atleast when i am NOT at Disney) Thanks in advance!

Jennifer
What I'd do is pack as much non perishables in your luggage as you can. That way you control time, prices and availability. As for location and assuming you're not doing anything else, I'd say the Publix mentioned by the Outlets is a good choice as well as the Lakeside Village back behind MK on 535. The Winn Dixie just west of Crossroads is also a good choice. Of course you could combine the grocery trip with a meal and go about anywhere you wanted.

We always go to the Publix on Vineland as well. Good selection, the prices don't seem bad, and the people who work there are always nice. We ahve tried a couple of other places, but that one is closest and seemed nicest to us.

Ric

We have always gone to the Vineland Publix in the past, but ventured over to the SuperTarget on 192 on our last trip. Grocery prices are almost normal at ST.

If you're renting a car, I agree to go to Walmart (or Target). There's a Walmart not too far away from Disney. You'll save a ton (since you have the car anyway). And, there are a lot of things you can probably make in a studio to save on eating out (especially for a long trip)!. I'd pick up extra paper plates and utensils while out!

Another vote for Publix. We call ahead and order their deli fried chicken to eat on for a few days.

:earsboy: Bill

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter