• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Grocery stores by you?

Can you see a change in how busy your grocery store is or are they the same by you?

• My grocery stores seem the same

• My grocery stores seem less busy

• My grocery stores seem more busy

• A combination

• Other

Results are only viewable after voting.

LuvOrlando

DIS Veteran
DH said the grocery store was unusually quiet yesterday and I need a few things so I want to see for myself today, it is right before payday which is always a bit slow so I'm interested in what other people see.

I had the day off so I actually went shopping around 11am yesterday, it was super busy. Most people head out of town to the lakes in Fridays so I suppose they were grabbing their weekend essentials.

It depends. The ones that are traditionally expensive seem deserted (according to DH, who still stops in if he has to pick something up quickly), whereas the ones that offer better value I’ve found to be busier. Who wants to needlessly pay a dollar or two extra per item when you can get the same thing cheaper somewhere else? I don’t!

I usually go on Sunday morning, right when they open, so there’s not much of a crowd. Our store can get very busy as it’s the only store for miles if you live south of here. It’s right across the street for me.

No difference. My regular store is a small(ish) neighbourhood grocer that's a throw-back to the '60s. Basically, no one except area residents even know it's here, much less would travel to shop there. It's more expensive and has less selection than any of the big-box places that have proliferated. Still though, there's a lot of value in the convenience and it's always bustling every weeknight as people stop on their way home from work.

Seems busier to me. I go to the less expensive one and with grocery prices and other things so high right now, I think a lot of people who never used to go there are now treading on my 'turf' ;) in order to save a few extra bucks.

well it's graduation weekend here and i suspect that it along with the rain/thunder storms we're having may have the stores a bit quieter. i have noticed though-wednesdays when the new ads hit seem to be pretty crowded supermarket days. i suspect it's b/c so many stores are adding 'while supplies last' to their sales (in addition to limiting individual purchases). people want to be able to snag any sale item before it's sold out.

I am not sure the stores seem much busier as far as in the aisles, but in many places the check out lines seem way more crowded and you definitely have to wait longer to check out.

Seems pretty much the same to me as far as the amount of people there. The selection and supplies seem to be lacking. It seems so difficult if not impossible to find everything you are looking for under one roof. Is finding bacon bits AND croutons at the same store too much to ask?

Ours seem about the same, I go early in the morning or late at night, but there seems to be the same amount of shoppers at those hours.

Seems to look the same, but the shelves are NOT. Can't find a lot of stuff. As we all know, prices are insnae. Definitely less workers at the checkouts.

Depends on where I shop. I live in an area where most households don't live paycheck to paycheck. The supermarkets have an interesting dynamic now that many people work from home, in that there's time to take breaks during the middle of the day to go shop for groceries. I do that.

I guess the more interesting is at dollar stores. I can't resist a bargain, and some days they seem to be much busier. It's a bit more complicated because those living paycheck to paycheck will seek them out, and many actually work in service jobs in my more affluent area, along with those living in less expensive parts of my area. However, there used to be more options. Dollar Tree used to have three stores fairly close to me, and now it's down to one. And the irony is that the only one left is across the street from a Whole Foods location. Go fig.

I haven't noticed an appreciable difference. I shop mostly at Trader Joe's and my local butcher, but have been buying less from him as of late with higher prices. We do have a Lidl nearby, and I know a few people who go there and apparently it's becoming quite popular these days.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter