• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Grocery stores/delivery near Windsor Palms

FLA NUT

Mom to 2 Disney "Jaded" boys.
This is our first time staying at Windsor Palms Resort. Does anyone know the best grocery stores near there? I know there is the Publix near the entrance to Orange Lake. Also, what about delivery or pick up? I would really rather not take the family to the grocery store. It always cost way more when they are along. :scared:

There is a Super Target very close with an excellent grocery department. That is where we always shop while staying at Windsor Hills. Not sure when you are going but there is also a Super Walmart set to open in November across from Windsor Hills on Old Lake Wilson Road. We have done grocery delivery once when we had a late flight. We used a service called The Vacation Grocer. They have an online store and they deliver to the property and put your groceries away before your arrival.

There is a Super Target very close with an excellent grocery department. That is where we always shop while staying at Windsor Hills. Not sure when you are going but there is also a Super Walmart set to open in November across from Windsor Hills on Old Lake Wilson Road. We have done grocery delivery once when we had a late flight. We used a service called The Vacation Grocer. They have an online store and they deliver to the property and put your groceries away before your arrival.

Thanks, we will be there in 10 days so the Super Walmart may not be open. Our local WalMart has the curbside pickup which I love.

On my most recent trip, I discovered the joy of Amazon Prime Now. Filled my "basket" a few days in advance, hit the $35 minimum so there was no shipping charge, proceeded with the order from my cell phone in our departure airport, and got the message that my stuff had been delivered to the hotel while I was still on Magical Express. Idk if this is still going on but there was even a "$10 off your first order" promotion so I actually got my order for about $25 before tip. Even if a few of the things could have been found for a few cents cheaper at a grocery store, it still seems worth it to not miss out on any vacation time.

Personally, I think Publix has better produce/meats than does the Super Target.

Publix does have better produce, meats and bakery however I have found the store to small with less selection and higher prices than Target. If we are going to discuss "better" we should mention Whole Foods on Turkey Lake Rd. which puts Target and Publix to shame. We do not have one near us so it is always a treat to shop there when we are in town.

On my most recent trip, I discovered the joy of Amazon Prime Now. Filled my "basket" a few days in advance, hit the $35 minimum so there was no shipping charge, proceeded with the order from my cell phone in our departure airport, and got the message that my stuff had been delivered to the hotel while I was still on Magical Express. Idk if this is still going on but there was even a "$10 off your first order" promotion so I actually got my order for about $25 before tip. Even if a few of the things could have been found for a few cents cheaper at a grocery store, it still seems worth it to not miss out on any vacation time.
I have thought about Amazon. When I enter the zip code it doesn't show as available to the Windsor Palms area though. We get our money's worth out of our Prime membership.

Are you renting a car? How do you plan to get your groceries from the store to the hotel? I ask because I need to figure this out for my trip in March. LOL

Are you renting a car? How do you plan to get your groceries from the store to the hotel? I ask because I need to figure this out for my trip in March. LOL
we always drive down, so we will have our car with us.

When I enter the zip code it doesn't show as available...

I'm bad at geography so I had to google maps it, but are you using 34747? Because I just checked that zip code a second ago and it's definitely showing me that Prime Now is available there. (I just had to check because it felt weird thinking that somehow disney and amazon made a deal to stop the Prime Now delivery range at the edge of disney property or something...) Address I'm seeing for Windsor Palms is 2300 Wyndham Palms Way, Kissimmee, FL 34747. Sorry in advance if I somehow googled badly and am therefore giving out bad info. :)

from garden grocer...
As of January 2016, we will only be delivering to the Walt Disney resorts* and both the Wyndham Grand Orlando and Wyndham Bonnet Creek Resorts. We do apologize for any inconvenience this may have caused you and your family at this time.
*excludes the Swan & Dolphin Hotel.

Has anyone actually had groceries delivered to a Windsor Palms property? Would love to have things delivered the day we arrive vs. making a store run that day but am unsure how that'd work in a gated community like WP. Would that be an issue with Amazon Prime Now?

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter