Grosvenor this weekend for $39! only 1 problem

otpt

Earning My Ears
Hi everyone!!

My boyfriend and I are going to Disney world this weekend...went and tried Priceline last night I really wanted a 4 star hotel, but I messed up with the bidding and I ended up with the grosvenor for fri, sat, sunday night $39 each nite!! pretty good since right now they are about $100 a nite!!

Anyway.....I called last night to ask if I could get a tower room and a King size bed...and they were a bit indignant!! I told them I would pay for it!!

She said to ask when I check in....Does this work??? any comments would be appreciated!!

I did receive the Grosvenor once through Priceline and from my experience and also the reports from others, I think that this hotel is one that does limit the rooms which it assigns to Priceline customers. You can certainly try your special requests when you check-in and you may receive a king-size bed, but, I don't think the odds are good that you will receive a tower room. They seem to assign rooms in the older "wings" with outside corridors to Priceline. I'm not sure if you offered to pay more you could get upgraded. Worth a try if you want to, but I don't know if it is worth it. The Grosvenor's room amenities are pretty good for no extra charge (refrigerator, safe) and the location is good for access to Dowtown Disney, but overall it is definitely a borderline 3* hotel. It is certainly worth your $39 rate, however, I would not be happy paying $100!

Thanks for the reply!!!

I just hope that the beds are big enough my boyfriend is 6'3" and 220lbs.. I guess we could always push the beds together!

and the refridgerator is a definite +

We stayed at country Inn & suites 2 years ago and we really liked it also...

Its just a place to sleep at night anyway and within walking distance to Disney Marketplace is that correct??

By the way what is a e-nite??

on priceline and received the Grovesnor resort www.disboards.com/forums/showthread.php?s=&threadid=54317

Also, there were a couple of great reviews from guests who stayed there not too long ago at www.disboards.com/forums/showthread.php?s=&threadid=50644

I know that some DD hotels that I have heard about particiapte in e nights (selected nights where Dis. resort guests can stay in park after official closing time for a fee) but I don't know if this one does or not but you can check www.downtowndisneyhotels.com to see if they have any info. on there.

I remember that others have mentioned that they were able to walk from their DD hotel to the Marketplace as it is across the street.

Hope this helps; have a great time.

If you have never seen it before you can go to downtowndisneyhotels.com and find some info on it and some pictures.

$39 is really a good price for the location.

Hi
I stayed there for 2 days w/priceline in June & requested a tower room @checkin was given a room on fl#9 w/great view of DTD just be polite & ask nice!

Hi everyone!

Just came back from Disney today!!

Thanks everyone for replying to my post!

Here it goes:

Grosvenor

Checked in with no problem....

*Requested a room with King size bed, they said there were no more left... :(
*Forgot to request a Tower room...big mistake...you dont know how hard it was to get back to the lobby we were all the way at one of the ends of the hotel..(not to sound like a big baby, but when you are ready to get up and go or come home..it can be a hassle..
*Bus Transportation was a big ++

*All in all for $ 39 this was a great deal!!

2 things did happen that we mentioned to the staff:

1. Room service staff were a bit unaccomodating...We had a bottle of wine and we had ordered room service, the man said that all of the room service staff carry bottle openers on them...well ours didnt and he didnt acknowledge us or say that he would be back with the opener!! Big disappointment there!

2. When we went to Epcot it was raining extremely hard...the bus stopped in its designated spot and expected us to run to the entrance of the park or wait the rain out...my fiance was so aggravated that he told him he was going to be reported..there were elderly people and infants on the bus...We were told that they were not allowed to bring their bus to the front of the entrance ...only the resort buses were allowed there..(Disney Resorts get preferred service) So even though the resort lanes were empy and it was rainiing and lightning...we had to get off and run...I guess I can understand that its policy..blah blah blah...but when it has been raining and there is dangerous lightning it doesnt matter..So i guess you get what you pay for...

Other wise we had a great time we were only there Friday nite, Saturday and Sunday,...we were going to try to do Animal Kingdom..Monday morning but it was already raining...

Also Use the FAST PASS !!!!

We walked right in to Tower of Terror when there was a 60 minute wait!!

Anyway ....I still liked the Grosvenor..and it is within walking distance to DTD!!!

Have Fun!!!

Bobbi :)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter