Group Costume 2025 MW Thread

Which race day(s) are you interested in group costumes? (up to two choices)

• Total voters
Just as an addendum, DH switched his white shorts for a color during this year's half because of the rain because white running bottoms and moisture..... :scared: So maybe black as a backup color there.

And we could get disboard name tags! Who has a 3D printer? :rotfl2:

Just as an addendum, DH switched his white shorts for a color during this year's half because of the rain because white running bottoms and moisture..... :scared:
Yeah, I wouldn’t go for white shorts or pants. I think black would also look good with the shirt, even if it isn’t correct to the uniform, and I’m sure all of us have black running bottoms of some sort, so matching would be easy

Just as an addendum, DH switched his white shorts for a color during this year's half because of the rain because white running bottoms and moisture..... :scared: So maybe black as a backup color there.

And we could get disboard name tags! Who has a 3D printer? :rotfl2:

Totally doesn't have to be white, or even all the same necessarily. I love the nametag idea! There are online shops that customize those -- I got one for my Rey/Jungle Cruise Skipper mashup a few years ago. I think it was pretty inexpensive, too.

Just as another idea (and I like the ones mentioned), but I was thinking of this this morning before I read any ideas:

We could be animals from the Lion King/Festival of the Lion King.

(And really I only thought of this because I have a Bolder skirt that could work for a zebra. 😬)

Love these ideas and would be open to it! I usually run in costume and have run as Mary Poppins every Disney race either in the 10k or the 1/2 marathon. DH and I were just MP and Burt for the 10k princess weekend.
6B9F1EB2-A08B-4686-BB31-A0235BCC1212_1_105_c.jpeg
We didn't do white shorts for DH, just a really light grey.

Depending on how many of us there are, we could be Toy Story characters or I really really like the CM/ride idea.

It looks like the 10k is the clear winner for number of willing participants, that needs a theme. Anyone wanting to organize something for the 5k or HM, please feel free to take the reins on that. The full is settled on the birthday theme.

That means, it's time to pick out an idea! I know this seems soon, but this will give anyone interested in participating plenty of time to come up with funds (or wait for a sale?), figure out any accessories they may want to add, test run, etc. And also, time for us to convince more Dis'ers to join in the fun. :rolleyes1

I was going to make a new poll, but that's not an option, nor is adding all of the current ideas to the existing poll. So we are going to run this SAFD-style, for 10k participants.

What are your 2 favorite ideas?
  • old timey sports costumes. (Think of the Goofy Learns Football short.) Football players, cheerleaders, band members, folks in the crowd, etc.

• Fantasia characters: ballerinas, sorcerer mickey, the wizard, the crocodiles, etc.

• Penguins (and possibly bert/mary) from mary poppins

• CMs/characters from a particular ride, show or restaurant, either matching or not. We really liked the idea of the old school Epcot CM outfit of all the flags from World Showcase in particular.

• animals from Lion King/FOTLK

• Mouseketeers

• Kakamora (the coconut guys from Moana)

• Zootopia animals

• Villains

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter